Searching Customers using their Email ID

BananiBanani Member Posts: 3
edited 2014-09-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hello all,
My key concern is searching customers by their email id. I should be able to search using the @ symbol and not replace it with ? symbol. Please do let me know if any alternative exists. I should be able to search on email id's with the actual format for example Tina@gmail.com and NOT Tina?gmail.com

Regards

Comments

• David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    Hi,
    The '@' symbol is used for 'case insensitive' in filters like @*John* which returns John Smith, fred.johnson, john etc:, so this is possibly the reason the '@' search will not work.

I think you already have the soulution and reason, in classic if it is on a list view then F7 and entering @*Tina* will find all the Tina's in the list, in RTC filtering the list on Tina will do the same.

HTH

David
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris
  • BananiBanani Member Posts: 3
    Thanks David,
    Is there any other way where in I am able to search email ID's using @, Angel @gmail.com in RTC. The users will be confused if they have to replace @ with ? in order to search by email ID.

Regards
    Banani
  • gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
    Hi Banani,
    Did you solve this issue!! I'm dealing with the same junk! ](*,) ](*,)
  • TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    Banani wrote:
    Thanks David,
    Is there any other way where in I am able to search email ID's using @, Angel @gmail.com in RTC. The users will be confused if they have to replace @ with ? in order to search by email ID.

Regards
    Banani

I made a simple test in RTC in the Customer List, using: *@cronuscorp.net, retrieving all that have cronuscorp.net as email domain, and 3 or 4 records didn't show because of not having email configured and another one were I have changed the *@cronuscorp.net to *@cronusorp.net, and only found 1, can this help in anyway?
  • gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
    Hi,
    Eventually my client is going to use this sort of filters: nigel*@chronus.net.
  • KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Have you tried enclosing it in single quotes, I.e. In the filter box instead of entering...

Fred@hotmail.com

...you enter...

'Fred@hotmail.com'
  • aniishaniish Member Posts: 27
    You can use either ? or * instead of @, like if you want to search abc@gmail.com then you can replace it either as abc?gmail.com or abc*gmail.com.