Options

Lost Sales Quotes

ifonlyifonly Member Posts: 34
edited 2014-11-14 in NAV Three Tier
What do users suggest is the best way to deal with & Report on Lost Sales Quotes?

We are still new to Nav, but we already found that we are staring to have a lot of Quotes in the system that we know that we have lost, but there does not seem an option for these apart from deleting them, but will this not lose relevant information from the system & the ability to report on lost Quotes & why?

What do other companies do?

We usually always raise an opportunity & then create a Quote from here & hopefully convert this to an Order.

I am being asked to report on lost Quotes, but i am unsure how to do this,

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Comments

• Options
    TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    If you have raised an opportunity. there is also a status on the opportunities which reflects whether it was won or lost. Look into if and how these informations are being registered, that might help you.

In regard to the quotes they can be archived - check the Sales and Receivables Setup - as you can archive them automatically upon deletion. You can analyze these archived sales quotes. Here you can look at the archived sales quotes with Opportunity No. to separate the "opportunity" related quotes from other quotes (if quotes are created from scratch and not from opportunities). Thus you can clean up the Sales Quotes but still have material to analyze.

It could be helpful to you if some information was registered on the Sales Quotes as to why they were lost. If this was considered during the implementation maybe a field was added to indicate why a quote was lost?
  • Options
    ifonlyifonly Member Posts: 34
    Thanks for the prompt response.

We always raise an opportunity & then create the Quote from the Opportunity, we do have reason codes in the system, but so far have not deleted any Quotes, as were unsure if we would lose the data.
    I did not know about the automatic archive feature, but we do have it switched on, so that is good.
    Is there any standard reports that will cover this, or is it a case of creating one - any suggestions or tips?
    I am not a developer & do not have the license to modify code, but i'm a Super user & have Crystal Reports experience.
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Tvis wrote:
    You can analyze these archived sales quotes. Here you can look at the archived sales quotes with Opportunity No. to separate the "opportunity" related quotes from other quotes (if quotes are created from scratch and not from opportunities).
    Sorry to raise that topic again after two years. I'm not sure if that has been changed during the last two years, but I have the same issue and it looks like the Opportunity No. is deleted from the Sales Quote if you deleted it. Thus you can't find the Quotes in the Archive that did belong to an Opportunity. Does anyone know why the Opportunity No. is deleted before the Sales Quote is sent to the Archive?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    No one who can answer that question? I mean in the online help (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Hh879244(v=nav.71).aspx) it says that the information is copied from the Sales Header. But obviously that doesn't work.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    I assume you are using a DE Version --> and have set the "Archiving Sales Quote" to Always?

If you archive the Sales Quote manually the Opportunity No. gets archived with it.

But if you delete the quote you can see that the Opportunity No. is blanked on the OnDelete trigger of T36 ("Opportunity No." := '';).

I suppose that the reason for this is to ensure that the lookup functionality from the opportunity to the sales quotes from the opportunity is clean. Without having checked that in detail.

But since you can get Opportunity No. stored manually it probably wouldn't hurt to be able to get the number when the quote was deleted.