Options

Test Toolset for NAV 2013 - 9000 tests for free

simonejsingsimonejsing Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 7
edited 2013-12-17 in NAV Three Tier
As announced at Directions US 2012, Microsoft recently released the Application Test Toolset for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 at PartnerSource.

The supplement is applicable to the following country releases of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013:
W1, AU, CA, DE, DK, ES, FR, GB, IN, IT, MX, NL, NZ, SE and US

The supplement contains the following per country:
  • Tools for managing and executing tests, capturing code coverage information, selecting relevant tests out of available tests
  • Between 7,000 – 9,000 real regression tests, giving a wide feature coverage across the application
  • Helper libraries for improving test development through reusing common functionality
  • Searchable documentation of helper libraries with examples of how to use library functionality

You can find the download here:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/deployment/resources/supplements/msdnav2013applicationtoolset.htm

Any feedback is highly appriciated and will help us focus our efforts better to support your needs!

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Great! Pitty is, that we still do not have NAV 2013 in Czech Republic and it will take some time to start implementing it because the addon licensing changes. :whistle:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Than you can download it here: http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1505
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Hi Simon,

As Hauke points out in his comment on my blog post, where I copied your annoucement above, "it seems that the objects (130xxx) are not included in the developer license..."
    Is this a known issue?
    BTW: I haven't been able to check it myself and try to download a license refresh from VOICE
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    Reposting my response on Mibuso:
    We are looking into the License issue currently. The license was supposed to have been updated a couple of weeks ago - when was the last time you updated your Partner license? If it is more than a week old, you could try and update and see if that takes care of the problem.
  • Options
    ChristianMChristianM Member Posts: 1
    we refreshed our license a couple of days ago and have no problems running the tests.

I ran the DE tests against the DE Cronus database. I have 8354 successful tests and 56 failed tests. Am I doing something wrong or is this supposed to happen? :)
  • Options
    I was able to verify 17 out of the 56 reported failing tests on the German release. The verified failures are isolated to the following test codeunits:
    • 134987 ERM Financial Reports III
    • 136135 Service Order Management
    • 136504 RES Time Sheet
    • 136606 Config. Wizard & Worksheet
    • 137050 SCM Sales Order Management
    • 137402 SCM Costing Batch

This is very unfortunate. If you are using the German version of NAV, please disregard or remove the mentioned test codeunits.

I appologice for the inconvenience.
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    in Codeunit 134022
    CreateAndPostSalesCreditMemo(VAR SalesLine : Record "Sales Line";DocumentNo : Code[20]) : Code[20]
    SalesCreditMemoCopyDocument(SalesHeader,SalesLine."Sell-to Customer No.",DocumentNo);
    SalesLine.SETRANGE("Document No.",SalesHeader."No.");
    SalesLine.FINDLAST;
    SalesLine.VALIDATE("Unit Price",SalesLine."Unit Price" + RandomNumberGenerator.RandDec(10,2));
    SalesLine.MODIFY(TRUE);
    EXIT(LibrarySales.PostSalesDocument(SalesHeader,TRUE,TRUE));

Sales Line should also be filtered on Document Type :bug:
    SalesLine.SETRANGE("Document Type",SalesHeader."Document Type"); //MPA

• Options
    in Codeunit 134022
    CreateAndPostSalesCreditMemo(VAR SalesLine : Record "Sales Line";DocumentNo : Code[20]) : Code[20]
    SalesCreditMemoCopyDocument(SalesHeader,SalesLine."Sell-to Customer No.",DocumentNo);
    SalesLine.SETRANGE("Document No.",SalesHeader."No.");
    SalesLine.FINDLAST;
    SalesLine.VALIDATE("Unit Price",SalesLine."Unit Price" + RandomNumberGenerator.RandDec(10,2));
    SalesLine.MODIFY(TRUE);
    EXIT(LibrarySales.PostSalesDocument(SalesHeader,TRUE,TRUE));

Sales Line should also be filtered on Document Type :bug:
    SalesLine.SETRANGE("Document Type",SalesHeader."Document Type"); //MPA

You are absolutely right, thank you for reporting this.
  • Options
    In Codeunit 134386 - ERM Sales Documents II
    FindItemTrackingCode() : Code[10]
    ItemTrackingCode.SETRANGE("SN Specific Tracking",TRUE);
    ItemTrackingCode.FINDFIRST;
    EXIT(ItemTrackingCode.Code);

It should also have below filter
    ItemTrackingCode.SETRANGE("Lot Specific Tracking",FALSE); //MPA

In my case I have first row with both serial tracking and Lot tracking set to true
    which will show error message "Lot No should not be blank" while executing function ItemTrackingOnPostedSalesDocument

Similarly in Codeunit 136135 - Service Order Management, FindItemTrackingCode function.
  • Options
    If we have Outbound Whse. Handling Time <> 0D in Inventory Setup then
    SalesChangeDate function in Codeunit 136132 - Sales Stockout failing with error message
    Unhandled UI: Message
  • Options
    In Codeunit 137035
    FindPurchaseHeader(VAR PurchaseHeader : Record "Purchase Header";BuyfromVendorNo : Code[20])
    PurchaseHeader.SETRANGE("Buy-from Vendor No.",BuyfromVendorNo);
    PurchaseHeader.FINDFIRST;

Should also be filtered on
    PurchaseHeader.SETRANGE("Document Type",PurchaseHeader."Document Type"::Order); //GAC MPA

otherwise SpecialOrderCarryOutActMsg function will fail..
  • Options
    Codeunit 137044 is failing with The following UI handlers were not executed: MessageHandler error in standard NL database.why?
  • Options
    If I try to execute any particular codeunit which is failed while executing all codeunits, some times I am getting below error message
    The operation could not complete because a record in the Test Line table was locked by another user. Please retry the activity.

Why do we get that error message?
    I am only the one executing the test Codeunits.

How can we solve this?
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    If I try to execute any particular codeunit which is failed while executing all codeunits, some times I am getting below error message
    The operation could not complete because a record in the Test Line table was locked by another user. Please retry the activity.

Why do we get that error message?
    I am only the one executing the test Codeunits.

How can we solve this?

Same problem here while upgrading to 2013r2. While importing the new 71 table objects.