RTC Report fields shift randomly

Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
edited 2015-09-30 in NAV Three Tier
Some RTC reports (2009R2 NA) have fields shift when a field near them has it's visibility toggled by an expression.

I tried adding a note to the bottom of report 10074 (Sales Invoice) that was about how the funds would be handled, this note was only to be printed for Customers with a boolean field identifying them.

I added a bit of code to make sure that it worked with the PrintFooter variable and put my variable in a hidden text field, etc and that all worked.

I then tested it and with the text field visible everything looked fine, everything lined up where it was supposed to and all was good with the reporting world.

But, I then removed the boolean on the customer and tested the report. Half of the fields on the Page Footer slid over to the right and wrote over the top of another field.

I've also had another report (Check) do something similar, except that I copied the report from a company onto a different server where it was running fine with the hidden field and then it started shifting on the new server/company without any modifications being made. (Using 3 different client machines, but different service tier) Maybe the service tier? (they are the same version though...)

I am using the Visual Studio 2008 Web Developer and the reporting viewer add in (or whatever it was called) to design the rdlc.

I add a rectangle :) to hold the place for my added in text fields and that seems to have fixed the issue for now, :wink: but because it happened in the first place, and because I may want to have fields toggled in the future, is there a better way?

This just adds a another small amount of work to making a report function in a customized way, but time costs someone money...

Any thoughts as to WHY this happens?

Thanks ahead of time for any thoughts or insight.

Comments

• jesica1jesica1 Member Posts: 1
    I think you should convent into 2010 version, it will work fine.
  • faithierobertsonfaithierobertson Member Posts: 3
    Try putting a rectangle controls (from the toolbox menu) around the fields that are conditional, and those to the right. This prevents them from having effects on other fields around them. If that doesn't work, put an empty text box between the two fields to occupy space so they cannot 'slide'.
  • postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

Shifting Report Fields Only happens with Text Box Control in RTC Report, but it can be controlled.

> There Should not be Any Blank Space Between Text-boxes.

> The Property CanGrow Should be set to False for Text-boxes.

> If you need a Space between Text-box, insert a Text-box with say expression as "empty", and change the font colour to White so that it is not visible while printing reports.

> I don't feel a Need of Rectangle in the Footer / Header.

Do try above steps and let us know your report behaviour.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page