Options

There are errors in the text conversion 1971-27 .stx file

rkucharrkuchar Member Posts: 33
edited 2014-01-29 in NAV Three Tier
I have been struggling with the following error for the last 24 hours and reading the previous posts on the subject.... since none of the solutions suggested worked I thought I would post my solution for future readers.

The error is:

Metadata for object of type Table with id 2000000073 is in a failed state. This is caused by a previous exception:
There are errors in the text conversion because text no. 1971-27 does not exist in the .stx file. Internal error: 47-1

I was upgrading NAV 20091 SP1 to NAV 2009 R2. I had applied Platform Hotfix 32146 and opened the SP1 database in the new R2 software. When I went through the merge and upgrade process that is when the error appeared (when I tried to Open the RTC using the newly merged/upgraded objects).

I tried copying the .stx files as some other posts suggested but this did not help. I finally copied table 2000000071 Object Metadata over from the SP1 database to the new database and now everything is working fine. \:D/

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you tried to re-compile all objects? ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In most cases this error is because wrong upgrade of the client. Like when you have 2009 SP1 and you install R2 hotfix without using the SP1->R2 hotfix first (KB 2496107). See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... -2009.aspx
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    fufikkfufikk Member Posts: 104
    I got the same error earlier today. I imported a fob with objects coming from I guess 2009SP1 version (can't be sure though) into a Cronus 2009R2 database. The classic client worked just fine, but both RTC client and webservices reported the stx error. Error message that followed the stx problem indicated that table 2000000073 was corrupt or something like that (imported fob included that table).

With that in mind, I created a fresh 2009R2 database, exported objects created there (tables 2000000002....) and imported those tables to my stx-challenged database. That allowed me to start RTC and webservices. I'm not sure if anything bad might happen later on, but works for now.
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hello Experts,

I got the same problem as mentioned below:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    There are errors in the text conversion because text no. 1971-27 does not exist in the .stx file. Internal error: 47-1
    OK
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    Metadata for object of type Table with id 2000000073 is in a failed state. This is caused by a previous exception:
    OK

Could you please suggest any?
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com