Options

You have specified an unknown variable. XMLPORT

samemerysamemery Member Posts: 60
edited 2015-01-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

When trying to open up an XMLport in NAV 2009 R2 in design mode I get an error message that says:

You have specified an unknown variable.

XMLPORT

Define the variable under 'Global C/AL symbols'.

Any idea what to do from here since I can't export it as .txt and extract my code?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    try to recompile it from the object designer...same error?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    mohana: this is a custom XMLport.

Belias: Recompiling from the object designer gives the same error.
  • Options
  • Options
    I have developed it.
  • Options
    Its very strange :-k

Can you be able to see design screen and compile?

if yes, check where you are getting error..
  • Options
    Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
    Hi

I'd this strange error in 2013 - a graduated report from 2009. It was a tease as I couldn't edit the said object in 2013 as I was in the process of an upgrade and the report was working okay in 2009. I exported the said object from 2009 as text and couldn't see any references to XMLPort at all in that text file!

I eventually edited the text file and removed the REQUESTFORM part, imported the object as text mode, compiled - job sorted!

Until next time :D !
    Big D signing off!
  • Options
    Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
    Hi

Me again - spoke to soon ](*,) !

Customised report compiles okay in 2013 but when I run Upgrade Report it then says "You have specified an unknown variable. XMLPORT" - Doh :oops: !

Any suggestions mibuso world?
    Big D signing off!
  • Options
    FreddyKruegerFreddyKrueger Member Posts: 1
    Hello!
    Big D wrote:
    Customised report compiles okay in 2013 but when I run Upgrade Report it then says "You have specified an unknown variable. XMLPORT" - Doh :oops: !
    Check whether you are using BLOB fields in the SourceExpr properties of the controls. If this is the case, you first replace this property, for example, by the value of 1.

The report upgrade should work. You can then use the Dataset Designer to assign the BLOB fields again.
  • Options
    puneetverma4puneetverma4 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Guys, I'm getting identical error when I created a custom XML port in 2009 R2. I'm neither able to open the XML port designer nor able to export this object as .txt file. I have also installed the latest patch for this version but no success :(
    What should I do when it is not allowing to open the xml port designer itself ](*,)
  • Options
    dhodho Member Posts: 6
    Source of the problem located in request form.

3 of my 3 problems with this exact error on the same version was all related to the following:

- In the XMLport Designer one of your rows contain a Source Type "Text" and a corresponding Data Source. This Data Source is then declared as a hidden variable.
    - In the request page you have used this variable to modify its value.

This actually works when its run through the RTC, but problem is the relation between the variable usage in XMLport Designer and the request page gives it a BLOB value for unknown reason. This gives the error "You have specified an unknown variable. XMLPORT"

Good new? None, unless you have a backup or running a sophisticated version control tool.
    Bad new? You have to start from scratch because there is no way you can access that code.

So the way to do this is to first declare a global variable that you use in the request form. Then though C/AL code you give your variable from XMLport Designer the value from the request form. Its a cleaner way to do the same thing. Also advice to start using a version control tool. Object Manager is worth the time to learn.

Best Regards,
    Daniel

Edit: Typos