Options

giving permission for oApplication class (mail) to run RTC

VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
edited 2011-10-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get this message to show up again - or how to change the setting to "always allow?" once it has been set to "never allow?"

"the server has requested to run oapplication class on your client"
oApplicationClass.jpg

I wrote code a year ago to attach a PDF Invoice to an Outlook email through the RTC. Now the client has bought a new computer and while NAV RTC is working fine --- this email attachment will no longer work.

Instead it says: "the OAtomation server class is not allowed to run on this client". I think perhaps the "always allow" was set to NO. How do we change permissions for the oApplication object??

Versions:
Office 2007
NAV 2009 SP1
Windows 7 64 bit

Comments

• Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Haha, I was just considering to write a blog entry on this. I definitely will now.

What do you need to do?

1. Open RTC
    2. Click on Customize
    3. Select Delete Personalization Settings
    4. In Reset User-Specified Settings Reset Automation decisions (or maybe Reset fiel handling decision?)
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    ccbryan63ccbryan63 Member Posts: 115
    I have just installed a new workstation and encountered the same error ("automation server class not allowed to run on this client"). The error occurs in Codeunit 397 Mail.NewMessage when the oApplication automation variable is invoked.

I have tried the Customize - Reset Automation Decisions and Customize - Reset File Handling with no success.

Is this a 32-bit/64-bit problem?

Nav 2009 RTC
    Outlook 2007
    Windows 7
    64-bit workstation
  • Options
    rkucharrkuchar Member Posts: 33
    I work with ccbryan63...

Do we need to register some of the mail automation .dll's on the new computer? Would that cause the problem? It just seems to be having trouble with the permission for calling Outlook.

the OAtomation server class is not allowed to run on this client