Options

Error on VS breakpoints

lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
edited 2011-03-22 in NAV Three Tier
Today I continued debugging an RTC proces, using Visual Studio as described here, to be confronted with the fact that the debugger was not activated at all.
Looking at the breakpoint in the corresponding .cs file (in VS) each break point showed the following info:

[In text: The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document.]
I have tried the following to no avail:
    1. disabled the key="EnableDebugging" in the CustomSettings.config` 2. restarted the Service Tier 3. restarted the RTC 4. made sure all .cs files were deleted 5. denabled the key="EnableDebugging" in the CustomSettings.config` 6. restarted the Service Tier 7. restarted the RTC 8. made sure all .cs files were recreated

Questions:
    a. why do I get this message anyway? b. how to get it all work agian?
Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
Never stop learning
Van Vugt's dynamiXs
Dutch Dynamics Community

Answers

• Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    But have you tested if the application stops at the breakpoint? bucause i think the warning symbol is normal, i had that too, but debuger stopped.
  • Options
    Well of course. If it had stopped I would not have posted this. :wink:
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    ok, just wanted to be sure :)

have you tried running VS as administrator?
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    have you tried this:
    In VS - Tools->Options->Debugging - turn off the "Require source files to exactly match the original version" option?
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    deV.ch wrote:
    have you tried running VS as administrator?
    Yes, and no postive result.
    VS - Tools->Options->Debugging - turn off the "Require source files to exactly match the original version" option?
    Also, no positive result.
    :cry:
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    But now I found out what was wrong.

How to: Attach Visual Studio to the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server Service tells me in step 5

Under Available processes, select Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe from the Available Processes list.

And that's what I did, but only the first time. Later on I attached it to Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe . Stupid me. ](*,)

Thanx guys for your time.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    By the way: I recently needed to debug a client-addin in an R2 version and noticed that the debugger doesn't stop at the breakpoints if you have started the page from designer and then attached the debuger. You need to start RTC manually, attach to the process, then you can run the page (from RTC or Object Designer)!

So alsways start RTC Client directly first!