Options

Change key on drill-down field

mariemarie Member Posts: 38
edited 2014-09-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!

Is there a way to change the sorting key on a drill-down in a page?

For example, I go to Customer page and drill-down on Salesperson field. It automatically sorts it by the primary key. I can only change the sorting by clicking on the Advanced option at the bottom of the drill-down list. Can't I have it sort directly in drill-down?

Tks!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Ok well, I was a little bit too quick [-(

Yes I need to use the Key Groups. However, I created a new keygroup with my field + added the field as a new table key BUT even if I see the fields specified in the key group, the drop down still sorts by Primary Key. I really need it to sort by that new key.

What am I missing?

Tks!!
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    if nobody minds you can change the sourcetableview proprty of the salesperson form

ex.
    SourceTableView:SORTING(Name) ORDER(Ascending)

or whatever key you need. then when the form pops up it will be sorted in that way
  • Options
    Hi Harry,

tks for your answer!

However, that would not help me as my problem reside on the pages. When I click on the Drp-Down arrow of a field, a drop-down menu opens (at that, its not the actual page list). That little box shows me a resume of the table (either PK or Field Group Dropdown if created). My problem reside in this: How can I make that box sort by my field group key?

So, by standard, the box is sorted by ascending order of salesperson code. For example, I created Field Group: Name. How can I have the drop-down box sort by Name instead of salesperson code? I want the drop-down to be in ascending order of salesperson Names instead of Code.

Any other ideas??
    Tks
  • Options
    jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    Marie,
    Did you ever find the solution for this?

We have numerous fields where a user can select a UserID that worked on something, but the PK of the User table is a SID - as a result, the User Names themselves (the human readadble values) are not sorted in a meaningful way. It would be great to change the key in the drill down, but so far I do not see it being possible.

version: NAV2013.
    kind of fell into this...
  • Options
    matthewtaingmatthewtaing Member Posts: 52
    The drill down follows the sorting of the default drilldown/lookup (either one) page defined in the table. For example Bill-to Customer no. in Customer card by default is sorted by name, you can change this by going to the customer list page and change the sourcetableview to sort by No. and you can also change the keys here. But bear in mind what is shown in the drilldown is defined in field groups instead. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    The drill down follows the sorting of the default drilldown/lookup (either one) page defined in the table. For example Bill-to Customer no. in Customer card by default is sorted by name, you can change this by going to the customer list page and change the sourcetableview to sort by No. and you can also change the keys here. But bear in mind what is shown in the drilldown is defined in field groups instead. Hope this helps.

d'oh!

that's perfect. thanks.
    kind of fell into this...
  • Options
    TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    jversusj wrote:
    Marie,
    Did you ever find the solution for this?

We have numerous fields where a user can select a UserID that worked on something, but the PK of the User table is a SID - as a result, the User Names themselves (the human readadble values) are not sorted in a meaningful way. It would be great to change the key in the drill down, but so far I do not see it being possible.

version: NAV2013.

Edit the User table. Add a Key Group called DropDown and add User Name. I stole this solution from 7.10.
    Professional Navision Developer