Options

Adding Language Support to NAV 2009 SP1

yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
edited 2011-01-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Expert,

Now i'm trying to show chinese language at Role Tailored. So i search at this site. One of thread said we can't do directly deployed additional language for 2009 http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=39696&hilit=chinese+language. We need to update with hotfix before we do it. So i am confuse this hotfix because of i'm using nav 2009 sp1(SG).

1. Do i need to update with hotfix?
2. If i need to update with hotfix, is it support to all nav version (eg.SG, IN(Indonesia))?

Best Regards,
Yukon
Make Simple & Easy

Comments

• Options
    Hi Expert,

Anybody ... here? :?
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Hi Yukon

This hotfix works with 2009 SP1 https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... angsupport

It is supported on all local versions of SP1

Regards

Michael
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for you reply and info. Another ques is here. http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/33768.aspx Do you have any idea for that?

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Hi Yukon

I asked Dag from my team to post the reply here: http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/33768.aspx

Have fun!

Michael
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    nglehangnglehang Member Posts: 3
    Hi guy,
    I am a functional and a newbie technical so I am difficult to do follow the "Adding Language support to NAV2009", there are some steps not clearly.

At GENERATING THE FILES step: I've generated .dll files in Output folder, at 5th substep:
    5. Apply a strong name to the assembly. You can use your own .snk file or define a new one and apply the settings in Visual Studio.
    a. In Solution Explorer, right-click your project, and on the shortcut menu, click Properties.
    b. Click Signing, select Sign the assembly, and then select the .snk file in the Choose a strong name key file field.

I've apply a .snk is: Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.Language.snk

At ADDING STRONG NAME KEYS TO THE DATABASE:
    The RoleTailored client and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot load untrusted assemblies. To enable your custom resource assemblies as trusted, you must register the strong name key in the database.
    1. Open the Classic client.
    2. On the View menu, click Object Designer, and then click Table.
    3. Navigate to table 2000000069, Client Add-in, and then click Run.
    4. For each assembly, enter the name and the public key token that you used when signing the files. To find the public key token, use the Strong Name Tool (Sn.exe) with the -T parameter. At the command prompt, enter the following command:
    sn.exe –T assembly_name
    For example, enter the following command to find the public key token for the Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.dll file:
    sn.exe –T Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.dll

I've open the Visual Studio Command Prompt, then enter:

sn.exe -T Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.Language.snk

the error msg "Failed to read Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.Language.snk -- The system cannot find the file specified"

Can anyone help me to correct this bug

Thanks in advanced!
  • Options
    Christian_AbelnChristian_Abeln Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 42
    You certainly want to understand the mechanics Dynamics NAV 3tier uses when it comes to language specific versions.
    For all of the applications objects you have the translations in the NAV database - of course. But what tells the RTC which languages to offer? It is NOT the translations that happen to be imported into the database!
    NAV takes the following checks for each language it might offer for selection:
    1) For custom translations only:: The core assembly names must be registered in the Add-in table with the public key-token you used for signing the language assemblies:
    e.g. Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Language.dll
    sn -t Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Language.resources.dll on your custom translation library file will tell you the public key token.
    In the Add-ins table put "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Language.dll" and this token string.

2) Can the corresponding resource assembly for the language found under the ‘Service’ directory:
    Service\fr-FR\ Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Language.resources.dll

3) Can the corresponding nclcsrt.stx, nclcsrt.etx be found in the 3 Char language directory in the Server directory:
    Service\FRA\
    (This requires that the 3 character language name is in the ‘Language’ Table, which typically is the case.)

4) Can the corresponding resource assemblies for the language found under the RTC directory:
    RoleTailored Client\fr-FR\...

5) The language is enabled in the ‘Windows Language’ Table, which typically is the case.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Christian Abeln
    Program Manager Microsoft
    Dynamics NAV

blogs.msdn.com/cabeln/
  • Options
    nglehangnglehang Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much for your support!
    I will try :)