Find as You Type - Page 6520

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
edited 2009-12-01 in NAV Three Tier
What is the best way to implement find as you type / dropdowns on forms like these? I'm trying to do it on the Item Filter.

i.e. a filter on the top that is not a field in a table. I'd also take the ability to do a Find in a ListPage, just as I can do on a List Form in classic. Anything that I don't have to use arrow keys or a scroll bar.

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    let me see if i focused your problem correctly: you have that item filter (wich actually can be '1000..2000' or 'AAAA|BBBBB' based on the SETSELECTIONFILTER) field on the top of the page.
    you want to have FILTER as you type feature for this field (they changed the name from "FindAsYouType" to "FilterAsYouType", i'm telling it just for clarity), with all the related features (the "minilookup", instead of the whole page)
    is it correct?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yes, but it will not be a true filter...for me it can only be a single item number.
    ok, because you can't behave like setselectionfilter does with that dropdownlist :mrgreen:
    then, let me do some tries...even if i think you've already done a lot of ](*,) with properties etc, too :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Thanks for your help.

Like I said, if I could have a way to Find an item in the list without scrolling through it, a simple lookup and OK click would be fine. We just have 50,000+ item cards and often we know what the item starts with, but not the whole part number.
    after messing with properties, if got to the conclusion that it's not possible (at least to have a filterasyoutipe in the header):
    in order to have a variable value looking up on a table, you have to write code in the onlookup trigger, but if you write code in onlookup trigger, you can't have the "minilookup" feature :-k
    I even tried to bind the sourceexpr to a temporary table variable of "item translation"."item no.", but obviously, without results :). I also tried to bind the control to "item no." field of the rec table, but hey!the result is reeeaaaally strange in my opinion
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    i don't have lines in that table, but what if you press F3, digit part of the item no. and then press enter in the list?does the filter works?(i don't remember if the shortcut or the feature is for SP1 only or not.)
    NOTE: you have to do "customize this page", and then enable the filter part
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    I'm afraid nothing I've tried has worked.

At this point I will settle for a way to do a Find in a list in the RTC, just as you can in classic...does this exist?