Options

Changes don't apear in Nav RTC

boxerkeboxerke Member Posts: 24
edited 2009-02-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I have installed Nav 2009 on a standalone computer. Services, SQL2005 standard and clients are installed.

Now that client can connect to the database through his RTC, but when we do a change in object designer mode and we add an item to a page, the Microsoft Dynamics Server Service needs to be restarted before the changement goes through.

I have added the NT Authority\NetworkService user to the security and have made a shema for this user as proposed by Microsoft. Also Service broker has been enabled.

I do this configuration on different standalone machines and on some we don't have this problem and others do have this. For the rest everything works fine. But for a developer, restarting the service before a change appears costs to many time.

Is there anyone who have had this behaviour before that could help me?

These are the codes I used for creating the user:
CREATE LOGIN [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE] FROM WINDOWS;
CREATE USER [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE] FOR LOGIN [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GO

CREATE SCHEMA [$ndo$navlistener] AUTHORIZATION [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];

ALTER USER [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE] WITH DEFAULT_SCHEMA = [$ndo$navlistener];

use [DATABASENAME]
GRANT SELECT ON dbo.[Object Tracking] TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GO
ALTER DATABASE [DATABASENAME] SET ENABLE_BROKER;
GRANT CREATE PROCEDURE TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT CREATE QUEUE TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT CREATE SERVICE TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT VIEW DEFINITION TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT SUBSCRIBE QUERY NOTIFICATIONS TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT RECEIVE ON QueryNotificationErrorsQueue TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT REFERENCES ON CONTRACT::[http://schemas.microsoft.com/SQL/Notifications/PostQueryNotification] TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GO

Also I would like to add that this user doesn't get any errors, and for another Database he doesn't have this problem.
Then the changes made in the object designer are directly changed in his RTC-client without even having to restart the RTC.

Answers

• Options
    I wanna add one more thing.

On my machine I have a perfect running Navision wich has even multiple services active to have more then one db open.
    I have done a restore of the database from that one machine to mine. I just had to add my windows login and synchronize it again so I could open it with RTC client. I just had to change the profile setup for that database and when I did a change on a page it directly got through to change on the RTC client without having to restart the Mycrosoft Dynamics Server Service.

Is there something wrong with rights on the machine itself or has it to do with SQL doing a bit strange with this change listener and service broker.
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    Can you get it to work without using Query Notifications? I.e. issue this:

ALTER DATABASE [DATABASENAME] SET DISABLE_BROKER;

This will cause the NAV Server to poll for changes instead. Or perhaps that works and you are specifically trying Query Notifications out?
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    It didn't work without query notification neither. Thats why i followed the guidelines to enable service broker for the changes to occur directly.
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    Can you confirm that your are using the RTM of NAV 2009 and not a CTP version?

Can you confirm also that a different database on the same NAV Server and same SQL Server is working correctly?

Try to empty the Object Tracking table in the database you have a problem with. Issue:

DELETE FROM [Object Tracking]

And restart the NAV Server again.

This table gets re-populated as you makes changes in the Object Designer.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    dmccrae wrote:
    Can you confirm that your are using the RTM of NAV 2009 and not a CTP version?

I am using the RTM version.
    dmccrae wrote:
    Can you confirm also that a different database on the same NAV Server and same SQL Server is working correctly?

A different Database works like it should be. Changes are working, without having to restart Dynamics Service. This on the same SQL Server 2005 SP3.
    dmccrae wrote:
    Try to empty the Object Tracking table in the database you have a problem with. Issue:

This table gets re-populated as you makes changes in the Object Designer.

I will try this out and will notify you about it.

As you asked me a few questions, I will also say that if I make a backup of this Database and restore the Database on a different NAV Server this works like a sharm.
  • Options
    dmccrae wrote:

Well, this seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks a lot for your great input.
  • Options
    PureHeartPureHeart Member Posts: 190
    Hi,

I had the same problem and fixed disabling the query notification....but what if I want to enable them??
    If i enable them it doesn't work and I get this error message in the Event Application Log:

An exception occurred while enqueueing a message in the target queue. Error: 15404, State: 19. Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE', error code 0x54b.

Can please someone help me? :(
    Thanks!
    Why don't you try my compare tool?
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1123