Options

Transformation of Forms(of NAV 2009) into Pages

AmmadAmmad Member Posts: 16
edited 2011-08-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I want to transform Custom Forms of NAV 2009 into Pages in order to run them at a Role Tailored Client. For the sake of it, I had used Transformation Tool Kit but after going through a series of steps. I am unable to do it.

The steps for Transformation, which I follwed are,

1) Open a classic client, go to Object Designer and import the files DevTool.fob and TIF.fob from the folder TransformationTool\TIF Editor\
2) Create a new form in NAV, as simple as possible (or you can also use your existing forms). For example a Card form based on the customer table, with just a few fields on it. This is the form you want to transform.

Setup and use the Transformation tool:

3) Run, form 97000 "Transformation Forms"

4) Click Setup -> "Import PageType - FormType mapping", and select the file TransformationTool\TIF Editor\FormToPagetypeMapping.txt.

5) Click Setup again -> Get Forms. Filter on Type = Form, and ID = the new form(or existing one), then click OK. This gets the form(s) that you want to transform.

6) In the FormType field, select "Card" ("Form with TabControl only and a source table").

Run the transformation:

7) Export the settings from form 97000: Click on Functions -> Create Transformation Input "Transform Pages". You must export it to the TransformationTool folder, and it must be called TransformPages.xml.
8 ) From Object Designer, export the form (File -> Export) as xml.You must export it to the folder TransformationTool, and it must be called Forms.xml.

You now have the form you want to transform, and the meta-data that tells the TranformationTool how to transform it.

9) Run the file FormTransformation.exe from the TransformationTool folder. This generates a new file called Pages.xml. It also logs any progress or errors in the file Transformation.log.

Import the new page:

10) Back in NAV (classic client): Go to Object Designer, and import the file Pages.xml, and then compile it.

If all steps ran without any errors, you have now transformed your form into a page which can be displayed in the rolebased client.

Now, the Pages.XML is generated all the times without any errors but when I am going to run them into a Role Tailored Client, it gives error, i.e., "The Object MetaData does not exist."

Can anyone help me out to successfully run my 'Custom Forms' into Role Tailored Client or any other idea of "Transformation of Forms into Pages for Role Tailored Client" ?

Ammad

Answers

• Options
    ashbhardwajashbhardwaj Member Posts: 89
    what u have to do is simply.
    1.Create a form let say 50000 Customer Test based on table 18 with some fields.
    2. Now after saving it go to File->Export & save this form as Forms.xml in (I have put it on the same folder of where this Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Tools.FormTransformation.exe exist)
    3. Now run this Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Tools.FormTransformation.exe this will create Pages.xml & other Transformation.log & TransformationLog.xml file
    check whether it's run successfuly
    4. Now go to ur navision back & here import Pages.xml from the same folder.
    This will create the Page with 50000 no.
    Now you can run this by Start->Run
    Dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=50000

Hope its work.
    Ashish
  • Options
    Dear Ashish,

It gives same error again, "The Object Metadata does not exist. Identification fields and values: Object Type ='Page', Object ID ='50003' "

Ashish, Have you ever tried it? Because, may be it was another issue.
    If there is another solution of this error then plz also tell me.

Thanks,
    Ammad

what u have to do is simply.
    1.Create a form let say 50000 Customer Test based on table 18 with some fields.
    2. Now after saving it go to File->Export & save this form as Forms.xml in (I have put it on the same folder of where this Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Tools.FormTransformation.exe exist)
    3. Now run this Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Tools.FormTransformation.exe this will create Pages.xml & other Transformation.log & TransformationLog.xml file
    check whether it's run successfuly
    4. Now go to ur navision back & here import Pages.xml from the same folder.
    This will create the Page with 50000 no.
    Now you can run this by Start->Run
    Dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=50000

Hope its work.
    Ashish
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    I guess you need to compile the imported page (F11)
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    Yes, I did. I compiled that imported page but Results were Same.

Ammad
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check, that table "2000000071 Object Metadata" exists in your database...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Can you start the RoleTailored Client at all?
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    Yes Kamil,
    I have checked it again that "Object MetaData Table" is existing in my databse.

Ammad
  • Options
    freddy.dk wrote:
    Can you start the RoleTailored Client at all?
    Yes Freddy, I can start the Role Tailored Client.

One thing new that I experienced there, which I want to share with all of you guys,
    i.e. When I made some new page there and then run it into Role Tailored Client, it gives me required output and running succesfully but when I transformed any Form into Page and then run it into Role Tailored Client then it gives me that error "The Object MetaData does not exist."

and
    One thing more, if I delete that page which I made manually and give ID of that page to the transform one then instead of showing error, it gives the last page result means new transform page does not updated itself on Role Tailored Client and it just gives the last succesful result of that ID.

Ammad
  • Options
    Christian_AbelnChristian_Abeln Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 42
    If you restart the Service, can you open the transformed page then?
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Christian Abeln
    Program Manager Microsoft
    Dynamics NAV

blogs.msdn.com/cabeln/
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Have you selected correct type of form/page?
    Usually, this error message comes up when you select List instead of Card.
  • Options
    Thanks for Replying..

Yes Thomas, I have idea about it, for this purpose I experimented to change the type of page, in those objects where error were coming but the result was same.

Ammad
  • Options
    havhav Member Posts: 299
    I tried testing a simple form transformation to pages but it didn't work out either.
    In Classic Client, i did the following:-
    - Created a blank form (Test Form)
    - Added a menu button (Test) with menu items (Cut, Copy, Paste)
    - Saved and compiled the form.
    - Exported the form to TransformationTool folder as Forms.xml

In TransformationTool folder, i did
    - Run the 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Tools.FormTransformation.exe'
    - It generated Pages.xml and Transformation.log with no errors.

In Classic Client, i did the following:-
    - Imported Pages.xml
    - Compiled 'Test Form' in Page Designer.

If i open 'Test Form' in Page Designer, it shows blank. I don't know where the menubutton Test disappeared in the transformation process.

I now tried running this page from the command prompt > Dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=50000

It showed blank page in View mode.

Note that the above scenario is something similar that i faced modifying existing form and then transforming it to pages. In RTC, when i view these pages, it does not show me any changes.

I am not sure how to resolve this.

Regards,
    Hemant
    Regards,
    Hemant
    MCTS (MB7-841 : NAV 2009 C/SIDE Solution Development)
  • Options
    vipinkuruvillavipinkuruvilla Member Posts: 143
    Even Iam getting the following error while going for fully customized form :

" The object Metadata does not exists. Identification fields and values : Object Type = 'Page',
    Object ID = '50000' ".

Can anyone tell me how to rectify the same.

Awaiting Expert's precious replies......

Thanks in advance.....
  • Options
    Menu buttons become actions in the Role Tailored Client - you won't see a button on the form.
    Reg. the metadata does not exist - I trust you did all the things you read in this post?
    (Export, Transform, Import, Compile) and you can see the page in the page definition in the page designer?
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

• Options
    freddy.dk wrote:
    Menu buttons become actions in the Role Tailored Client - you won't see a button on the form.
    Reg. the metadata does not exist - I trust you did all the things you read in this post?
    (Export, Transform, Import, Compile) and you can see the page in the page definition in the page designer?

Yes I did export,transform,import,compile. I could see the page generated in the page menu in object designer too........
  • Options
    Guys, I have resolved that issue. Actually it also belongs so much to new upgraded classic client license. I did the same in new license and all the pages are generated but one important thing which you have to keep in mind, that is you have to tell the correct form of your Forms means either thay are Card Type or List Type while you are going to export them.

Regards,
    Ammad
  • Options
    Ammad wrote:
    Guys, I have resolved that issue. Actually it also belongs so much to new upgraded classic client license. I did the same in new license and all the pages are generated but one important thing which you have to keep in mind, that is you have to tell the correct form of your Forms means either thay are Card Type or List Type while you are going to export them.

Regards,
    Ammad

Hey Ammad,

Can u just tell me the steps you did to get it right ?? Kindly help me out.....

Thanks in advance....
  • Options
    Sure..

Ok, What you have to do is simply

1. First you have to get new license of Classic Client from Microsoft.
    2. Then update that license from your current one and after that you have to find "Transformation Forms" which will be present on Object ID "177000", there.
    3. Just repeat same steps as I told in my first Post.
    4. One thing which you have to keep in mind i.e. you have to tell right page type to your Form which you want to transform otherwise it can again give that "MetaData Error".

Regards,
    Ammad Ghani
  • Options
    Ammad wrote:
    Sure..

Ok, What you have to do is simply

1. First you have to get new license of Classic Client from Microsoft.
    2. Then update that license from your current one and after that you have to find "Transformation Forms" which will be present on Object ID "177000", there.
    3. Just repeat same steps as I told in my first Post.
    4. One thing which you have to keep in mind i.e. you have to tell right page type to your Form which you want to transform otherwise it can again give that "MetaData Error".

Regards,
    Ammad Ghani

Ammad,

Thanks a lot for the reply......Right now Iam facing another problem.....Please take a note that I have got an updated license from Micorsoft......
    The problem Iam facing right now is that Iam able to connect to my classic client with sql option using windows authentication but iam unable to connect to my RTC. Iam getting the following error each time I try to connect my RTC :
    "The program can not create a connection to the server. Do you want to continue ?"
    Do you have any idea about this error ? If so please help me out in rectifying this. I woul really appreciate your help for the same.
    I would check with your above post once this problem gets rectified.
    Thanks Once again.....
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    edited 2008-12-23
    you said you compiled the object, but try to design the page and save it (with compile)...it worked for me...a plain compilation without saving is useless :wink:

anyway...i translated a simple unbound form that I use to run pages from nav (as run does not work for pages) and i noticed that the action related to the command button of the form, has as a caption, the name of the command button instead of the caption... :?

also, i receive these errors:
    queryreplace() method is obsolete
    and after commenting it
    shell() method is obsolete

i suppose that they can't be used in rtc...

here's the object
    OBJECT Form 50000 Bat Launcher
    {
      OBJECT-PROPERTIES
      {
        Date=22/12/08;
        Time=16.41.02;
        Modified=Yes;
        Version List=UTILITY;
      }
      PROPERTIES
      {
        Width=7150;
        Height=3740;
        SaveValues=Yes;
        OnOpenForm=BEGIN
                     TXTCommand := 'cmd /c start dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=';
                     TXTFilePath := 'C:\Documents and Settings\myname\My Documents\Notes\Bats\Pagerunner.bat';
                     TBOBject.FILTERGROUP(10);
                     TBOBject.SETRANGE(Type,TBOBject.Type::Page);
                     TBOBject.FILTERGROUP(0);
                   END;

}
      CONTROLS
      {
        { 1101339000;TextBox;3520 ;1320 ;3520 ;440  ;CaptionML=[ENU=Page Number;
                                                                ITA=Nr. Pagina];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTPageNo;
                                                     OnValidate=BEGIN
                                                                  IF TXTPageNo <> '' THEN BEGIN
                                                                    IF NOT EVALUATE(INTPageNo,TXTPageNo) THEN BEGIN
                                                                      TBOBject.SETFILTER(Caption,'@' + TXTPageNo + '*');
                                                                      IF TBOBject.FINDFIRST THEN BEGIN
                                                                        TXTPageNo := FORMAT(TBOBject.ID);
                                                                        TXTPageName := TBOBject.Name;
                                                                        TBOBject.CALCFIELDS(Caption);
                                                                        TXTPageCaption := TBOBject.Caption;
                                                                      END ELSE BEGIN
                                                                        TBOBject.SETRANGE(Caption);
                                                                        TBOBject.SETFILTER(Name,'@' + TXTPageNo + '*');
                                                                        TBOBject.FINDFIRST;
                                                                      END;
                                                                    END ELSE BEGIN
                                                                      TBOBject.GET(TBOBject.Type::Page,'',INTPageNo);
                                                                    END;
                                                                  END ELSE BEGIN
                                                                    TXTPageName := '';
                                                                    TXTPageCaption := '';
                                                                  END;
                                                                  TBOBject.SETRANGE(Name);
                                                                END;

OnLookup=BEGIN
                                                                FRMObject.SETTABLEVIEW(TBOBject);
                                                                FRMObject.LOOKUPMODE(TRUE);
                                                                IF FRMObject.RUNMODAL = ACTION::LookupOK THEN BEGIN
                                                                  FRMObject.GETRECORD(TBOBject);
                                                                END;
                                                                CLEAR(FRMObject);
                                                              END;
                                                               }
        { 1101339001;Label  ;110  ;1320 ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339000 }
        { 1101339002;TextBox;3520 ;220  ;3520 ;440  ;CaptionML=[ENU=File Name;
                                                                ITA=Nome File];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTFilePath }
        { 1101339003;Label  ;110  ;220  ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339002 }
        { 1101339004;TextBox;3520 ;770  ;3520 ;440  ;CaptionML=[ENU=Command Name;
                                                                ITA=Nome Comando];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTCommand }
        { 1101339005;Label  ;110  ;770  ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339004 }
        { 1101339006;CommandButton;4840;3080;2200;550;
                                                     Name=CMDRun;
                                                     HorzGlue=Right;
                                                     VertGlue=Bottom;
                                                     Default=Yes;
                                                     CaptionML=ITA=&Run;
                                                     OnPush=BEGIN
                                                                FLFile.WRITEMODE(TRUE);
                                                                FLFile.TEXTMODE(TRUE);
                                                                FLFile.QUERYREPLACE(FALSE);
                                                                FLFile.CREATE(TXTFilePath);
                                                                FLFile.WRITE(TXTCommand + TXTPageNo);
                                                                FLFile.CLOSE;
                                                                SHELL(TXTFilePath);
                                                              END;
                                                            END;
                                                             }
        { 1101339007;TextBox;3520 ;2420 ;3520 ;440  ;Editable=No;
                                                     CaptionML=[ENU=Page Caption;
                                                                ITA=Caption Pagina];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTPageCaption }
        { 1101339008;Label  ;110  ;2420 ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339007 }
        { 1101339009;TextBox;3520 ;1870 ;3520 ;440  ;Editable=No;
                                                     CaptionML=[ENU=Page Name;
                                                                ITA=Nome Pagina];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTPageName }
        { 1101339010;Label  ;110  ;1870 ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339009 }
      }
      CODE
      {
        VAR
          TXTPageNo@1101339000 : Text[30];
          FLFile@1101339001 : File;
          TXTFilePath@1101339002 : Text[100];
          TXTCommand@1101339003 : Text[100];
          TXTPageName@1101339006 : Text[30];
          TXTPageCaption@1101339008 : Text[50];
          TBOBject@1101339004 : Record 2000000001;
          FRMObject@1101339005 : Form 358;
          INTPageNo@1101339007 : Integer;

BEGIN
        END.
      }
    }

-Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Belias wrote:
    you said you compiled the object, but try to design the page and save it (with compile)...it worked for me...a plain compilation without saving is useless :wink:

anyway...i translated a simple unbound form that I use to run pages from nav (as run does not work for pages) and i noticed that the action related to the command button of the form, has as a caption, the name of the command button instead of the caption... :?

also, i receive these errors:
    queryreplace() method is obsolete
    and after commenting it
    shell() method is obsolete

i suppose that they can't be used in rtc...

here's the object
    OBJECT Form 50000 Bat Launcher
    {
      OBJECT-PROPERTIES
      {
        Date=22/12/08;
        Time=16.41.02;
        Modified=Yes;
        Version List=UTILITY;
      }
      PROPERTIES
      {
        Width=7150;
        Height=3740;
        SaveValues=Yes;
        OnOpenForm=BEGIN
                     TXTCommand := 'cmd /c start dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=';
                     TXTFilePath := 'C:\Documents and Settings\mirko.mainetti\My Documents\Notes\Bats\Pagerunner.bat';
                     TBOBject.FILTERGROUP(10);
                     TBOBject.SETRANGE(Type,TBOBject.Type::Page);
                     TBOBject.FILTERGROUP(0);
                   END;

}
      CONTROLS
      {
        { 1101339000;TextBox;3520 ;1320 ;3520 ;440  ;CaptionML=[ENU=Page Number;
                                                                ITA=Nr. Pagina];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTPageNo;
                                                     OnValidate=BEGIN
                                                                    IF NOT EVALUATE(INTPageNo,TXTPageNo) THEN BEGIN
                                                                      TBOBject.SETFILTER(Caption,'@' + TXTPageNo + '*');
                                                                      IF TBOBject.FINDFIRST THEN BEGIN
                                                                      END ELSE BEGIN
                                                                        TBOBject.SETFILTER(Name,'@' + TXTPageNo + '*');
                                                                        TBOBject.FINDFIRST;
                                                                      END;
                                                                    END ELSE BEGIN
                                                                      TBOBject.GET(TBOBject.Type::Page,'',INTPageNo);
                                                                    END;
                                                                  END ELSE BEGIN
                                                                    TXTPageName := '';
                                                                    TXTPageCaption := '';
                                                                  END;
                                                                  TBOBject.SETRANGE(Name);
                                                                END;

OnLookup=BEGIN
                                                                FRMObject.SETTABLEVIEW(TBOBject);
                                                                FRMObject.LOOKUPMODE(TRUE);
                                                                IF FRMObject.RUNMODAL = ACTION::LookupOK THEN BEGIN
                                                                  FRMObject.GETRECORD(TBOBject);
                                                                END;
                                                                CLEAR(FRMObject);
                                                              END;
                                                               }
        { 1101339001;Label  ;110  ;1320 ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339000 }
        { 1101339002;TextBox;3520 ;220  ;3520 ;440  ;CaptionML=[ENU=File Name;
                                                                ITA=Nome File];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTFilePath }
        { 1101339003;Label  ;110  ;220  ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339002 }
        { 1101339004;TextBox;3520 ;770  ;3520 ;440  ;CaptionML=[ENU=Command Name;
                                                                ITA=Nome Comando];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTCommand }
        { 1101339005;Label  ;110  ;770  ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339004 }
        { 1101339006;CommandButton;4840;3080;2200;550;
                                                     Name=CMDRun;
                                                     HorzGlue=Right;
                                                     VertGlue=Bottom;
                                                     Default=Yes;
                                                     CaptionML=ITA=&Run;
                                                     OnPush=BEGIN
                                                                FLFile.WRITEMODE(TRUE);
                                                                FLFile.TEXTMODE(TRUE);
                                                                FLFile.QUERYREPLACE(FALSE);
                                                                FLFile.CREATE(TXTFilePath);
                                                                FLFile.WRITE(TXTCommand + TXTPageNo);
                                                                FLFile.CLOSE;
                                                                SHELL(TXTFilePath);
                                                              END;
                                                            END;
                                                             }
        { 1101339007;TextBox;3520 ;2420 ;3520 ;440  ;Editable=No;
                                                     CaptionML=[ENU=Page Caption;
                                                                ITA=Caption Pagina];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTPageCaption }
        { 1101339008;Label  ;110  ;2420 ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339007 }
        { 1101339009;TextBox;3520 ;1870 ;3520 ;440  ;Editable=No;
                                                     CaptionML=[ENU=Page Name;
                                                                ITA=Nome Pagina];
                                                     SourceExpr=TXTPageName }
        { 1101339010;Label  ;110  ;1870 ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1101339009 }
      }
      CODE
      {
        VAR
          TXTPageNo@1101339000 : Text[30];
          FLFile@1101339001 : File;
          TXTFilePath@1101339002 : Text[100];
          TXTCommand@1101339003 : Text[100];
          TXTPageName@1101339006 : Text[30];
          TXTPageCaption@1101339008 : Text[50];
          TBOBject@1101339004 : Record 2000000001;
          FRMObject@1101339005 : Form 358;
          INTPageNo@1101339007 : Integer;

BEGIN
        END.
      }
    }

Thanks a lot ......Will check and let you know my views.....
  • Options
    daborgdaborg Member Posts: 54
    I've encountered this error a few times. I'm not entirely sure why it happens or really what causes it, but I just simply export/import teh affected object(s) in FOB format and it seems to work fine after that.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    hi everyone, as you can see from my previous post, i am facing obsolete methods: how can I open a file without SHELL() function, using nav2009 pages?
    thanks in advance

SOLVED WITH THIS
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=28921&hilit=obsolete
    tx mibuso!
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    yealokyealok Member Posts: 1
    The problems occures if you Diployed The page on the classic client
    Just Diployed the Page On SQL server Database (Server Database),And Run The Dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=<Page Id > It will work Fine.
    :)
  • Options
    aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    I have created a very simple form.
    trying to convert it into a page, it gets converted ,compiled it also.
    But when I am tryin to run it from Dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=50000, it is giving me the error:
    The object Metadata does not exist.Identification fields and values, Object Type:Page, Object ID :50000.
    What should I do to run the page???
    Checked the licence.
    Repeated whole process.
    ](*,)
  • Options
    aliennav wrote:
    But when I am tryin to run it from Dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=50000, it is giving me the error:
    The object Metadata does not exist.Identification fields and values, Object Type:Page, Object ID :50000.
    Checked the licence.
    Repeated whole process.
    ](*,)
    Done dana Done Done

I was doing everything in NATIVE DB thats why it was not running.I exported my created page, respective form and table and it is running now. :D
  • Options
    aliennav wrote:
    aliennav wrote:
    Checked the licence.
    Repeated whole process.
    ](*,)
    Done dana Done Done

I was doing everything in NATIVE DB thats why it was not running.I exported my created page, respective form and table and it is running now. :D

With SQL it runs fine.
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    aliennav wrote:
    aliennav wrote:
    aliennav wrote:
    Checked the licence.
    Repeated whole process.
    ](*,)
    Done dana Done Done

With SQL it runs fine.

I told you in one of your posts about this.

RTC works with Sql not with native
    :wink:
  • Options
    Ammad wrote:
    Hi,

I want to transform Custom Forms of NAV 2009 into Pages in order to run them at a Role Tailored Client. For the sake of it, I had used Transformation Tool Kit but after going through a series of steps. I am unable to do it.

The steps for Transformation, which I follwed are,

1) Open a classic client, go to Object Designer and import the files DevTool.fob and TIF.fob from the folder TransformationTool\TIF Editor\
    2) Create a new form in NAV, as simple as possible (or you can also use your existing forms). For example a Card form based on the customer table, with just a few fields on it. This is the form you want to transform.

Setup and use the Transformation tool:

3) Run, form 97000 "Transformation Forms"

4) Click Setup -> "Import PageType - FormType mapping", and select the file TransformationTool\TIF Editor\FormToPagetypeMapping.txt.

5) Click Setup again -> Get Forms. Filter on Type = Form, and ID = the new form(or existing one), then click OK. This gets the form(s) that you want to transform.

6) In the FormType field, select "Card" ("Form with TabControl only and a source table").

Run the transformation:

7) Export the settings from form 97000: Click on Functions -> Create Transformation Input "Transform Pages". You must export it to the TransformationTool folder, and it must be called TransformPages.xml.
    8 ) From Object Designer, export the form (File -> Export) as xml.You must export it to the folder TransformationTool, and it must be called Forms.xml.

You now have the form you want to transform, and the meta-data that tells the TranformationTool how to transform it.

9) Run the file FormTransformation.exe from the TransformationTool folder. This generates a new file called Pages.xml. It also logs any progress or errors in the file Transformation.log.

Import the new page:

10) Back in NAV (classic client): Go to Object Designer, and import the file Pages.xml, and then compile it.

If all steps ran without any errors, you have now transformed your form into a page which can be displayed in the rolebased client.

Now, the Pages.XML is generated all the times without any errors but when I am going to run them into a Role Tailored Client, it gives error, i.e., "The Object MetaData does not exist."

Can anyone help me out to successfully run my 'Custom Forms' into Role Tailored Client or any other idea of "Transformation of Forms into Pages for Role Tailored Client" ?

Ammad

Hi
    I want to ask that what value should be in FormType step 6 when we have to convert form having a subform (Same as sales order)???
    Thanx in advance.
  • Options
    Hi
    I want to ask that what value should be in FormType step 6 when we have to convert form having a subform (Same as sales order)???
    Thanx in advance.