Options

Unusual Error on Consolidation - Import Database.[SOLVED]

TPReggieTPReggie Member Posts: 29
edited 2015-04-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I currently have a client testing their Consolidation Company - The Test Database works fine, and all looks good.

When doing the "Import Database" function they are receiving the following error:
emma_2.png

The Dimension "Division" is one of their 2 Global Dimensions.
There is no Dimension Value of "2" against this dimension.

So the error message itself makes perfect sense - however I have no idea why they are getting the error in the first place - why the system is looking for, or wanting this value - that makes no sense to me at all.

The settings for the import of the data are as follows:
emma_1.png

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions of where I can look it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    satbirsatbir Member Posts: 33
    Check if you have Division 2 in the g/l entry for march 2015 in the company from which you are trying to bring data.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion satbir.

Just to specify, I have checked the following tables any existing values of "2" against Dimension Code "Division"
    G/L Account
    G/L Entry
    Dimension Value
    Dimension Value Combination

Nowhere can I find a value of "2" against the dimension code "Division." All codes against this dimension are numerical, and consist of 4 or 5 figures.

A frustrating error this one :(
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi there,

have you checked if the dimension value exists in the target (consolidated company)? Also, is there a stale value (2) in the field "Consolidation Code" in one of the dimension values in the source company? Every dimension value can be translated to a different value for consolidation. The field has no table relation, so any value is possible.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    satbirsatbir Member Posts: 33
    Also check table Dimension Set Entry.
  • Options
    jglathe wrote:
    Hi there,

have you checked if the dimension value exists in the target (consolidated company)? Also, is there a stale value (2) in the field "Consolidation Code" in one of the dimension values in the source company? Every dimension value can be translated to a different value for consolidation. The field has no table relation, so any value is possible.

with best regards

Jens

Hi Jens,
    Thank you - it was the "Consolidation Code" field that was causing the problem - much appreciated :D :thumbsup: