SetData GetData issue

jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
edited 2014-12-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have attached 2 screenshots. 1 is the layout of the report, and the other is the result of report.

In the picture "Report Layout", the red box is the SetData part of the report. I tried to put SetData on the header, but it did not work, so I moved it to lines.

In the picture "Report Printout", all the results are correct as long as the printout is within 1 page. But if there is a spillover to 2nd page, then the header data is not correct.

There seems to be a weird behaviour where by the SetData on the line does not update the Header.

I have also checked the dataset exported to the report, and the data set is also correct.

Jordi

Comments

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    setdata works with the data on the specific page. Getdata retrieves it.
    For your vendor value are you using the field selection or the dataset selection for the first value of the field for the report?
  • jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
    Hi DavMAc,

I am not sure what you mean by field selection or the dataset selection?

In the screenshot of the report layout, the field in RED is the field where I put the SetData. And I put SetData in the Visibility Expression of the field.

Jordan
  • TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    Hi Jordan,

I could advise you to place a list moving through all your vendors, put all the body inside that list and your red textbox should be one outside the table and placed on the top left corner of the list, you can put the table above that textbox.

This will make you sure that if you have multiple pages in the same invoice for the same vendor it will keep the correct information.

This can also be done with the table as is but you would need to correct the group or move the set data to other place.

Hope this can help you.