Issue Importing with Rapid Start - Item Identifier

spenaspena Member Posts: 45
Hello,

I'm trying to import into the Item Identifier table (7704). I created an excel export template using the Configuration Template. I populated the template with the "Code" and the Item No.

The file imports just fine. However, when I apply the data, nothing imports. I get an error stating:

"Item No. must have a value in Item Identifier: Code = xxx. It cannot be zero or empty. Field caption - Code

Where xxx is my upc number. My item no. and code are 100% filled out.

I don't know what is wrong. I use Rapid Start all the time without issues, but for some reason, I can't import the Item Identifiers.

Has anyone seen this before? I've tried importing using a Configuration Worksheet and as part of a package with the item table. I can hand enter data just fine.

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• neilgfneilgf Member Posts: 148
    Steve,

Hi. Sometimes when the data load causes an iterative loop nothing will work. I had a similar issue with an item table where data loaded into data migration / rapid start fine but I could not apply to the table. Even removing data validation (tick box) on the relevant fields did not resolve the issue.

My work around was using a dataport (a new one) which by default has no code and is therefore useful for getting data in without validation. Not ideal but useful in these specific instances.

Neil
  • spenaspena Member Posts: 45
    Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still a bit new to the NAV world and I haven't created a dataport just yet. I will look into it.

My client will be importing items constantly, so I may have to use a dataport if the package doesn't work.

Thanks,

Steve