Options

AEP renewal plan

skyongskyong Member Posts: 3
Hi, May i know if there is any changes on the AEP renewal plan for the latest Nav and what's the impact of not to renew it?

Comments

• Options
    melsadekmelsadek Member Posts: 31
    Hello there,

The Annual Enhancement Plan rate is still at 16% of your system's list price, which your VAR can provide you with that.

In terms of the impact of not renewing, you will lose CustomerSource access for all your users, which in turn means that you will lose access to regulatory tax updates, patches, hotfixes, service packs and new releases of your ERP system. For example, if you are a NAV 2009 customer and you'd like to upgrade to a newer version, you necessarily have to be up to date on your AEP in order to qualify for the new version, since a new license model/file is required to run NAV 2013 or later. Requesting the new license file means that your partner will go to Microsoft to have them generate the file, and Microsoft will raise a red flag immediately citing that you are not up to date on your AEP, and the upgrade process will abruptly stop until all overdue AEP balances are paid off and that you are in good standing.

I hope this helps answer your question.
    Mohamad El-Sadek, MCP, MBSS, MCTS
    G.R. & Associates, Inc.
  • Options
    skyongskyong Member Posts: 3
    Hi El-Sadek,

Thank you for the information.

In the case we do not renew, are we still able to add in new customized function to the Nav and are we able to make changes to the existing function/customized function? I understand that we will not able to make any changes to the database.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can still customize your NAV without problems even if you're not current with AEP.

Just to add to the point of whether to remain current on your AEP; if you do not renew, you're basically cut off from Microsoft. That means no upgrades and no changes to your license.

You can read more about whether to renew here:
    http://www.dynamicsnavconsultant.com/20 ... ment-plan/