add columns to the 'Choose Columns' dialog

stormcandistormcandi Member Posts: 27
On the Dialog that pops up where you can move over columns you want to see on a page from an available column list, how do I add columns not listed in the available columns list?

I hope this makes sense. I need to add some columns to the General Journal page, but the columns are not listed in the Choose Columns dialog under available columns.

Candi

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Hi Candi

You would need to have the page modified to include the columns that you are after. If you are an end user you would be best to ask your NAV partner as it isn't something end users would normally do. If you are a NAV Developer/Consultant you will need to modify the page/form in the designer. If you want the new columns to normally not be on the screen but in the Add Columns box set them as Visible = False.

Regards

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • stormcandistormcandi Member Posts: 27
    Ian,
    I am a NAV Developer, but new to this. I tried adding the columns in the page designer but still cannot get them to show up on the available columns.

Candi
  • neilgfneilgf Member Posts: 148
    Candi

Hi. Assuming you are using Nav 2009 Classic to make the changes to page and you are viewing the page in Nav 2009 RTC, please make sure:
    1. You close RTC if open at the time of change and reopen.
    2. If still not working, close RTC again. Go into Classic app and highlight page object changed and press F11 to compile. Highlight all menu suites and press F11. Then reopen RTC and view once more.

Also check your are amending and viewing same database. Sure you are but worth checking.

Neil
    Neil,

Actually I am using 2013, not 2009. But will try your suggestion anyway, just in case.... :)
    Neil, It did not work.
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    You could try restarting the service tier. That should force it to reload all objects, just in case it hasn't picked up on the change to the object.
    Regards

Ian
    How do I do that? If I restart the dev server the NAV DEV is located on that should be enough, right? Sorry I am new to this and not sure how to restart just the service tier.

UPDATE: I was able to get someone to restart the service tier. That did not fix the issue. The columns are still not showing up as available columns.