Cyrillic

gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
Hi experts,
We have a web page conected to NAV, where all the sales are posted in NAV 2009 r2.

Now, it turns out that our client wants to sell their stuff in Russia. Then, I find out that when I transfer the cyrillic words from the web page to the proper fields in NAV, it is stored with rubbish, I mean instead of setting the proper value I just see question marks (???? ???????? ??).

I cant create neither a new database nor a new company, because all the sales orders go to the same company.
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Do you know how can I solve this issue??

Thanks

Gonzalo

Comments

• vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

NAV 2009 R2 does not support UNIcode hence the problem with Cyrillic letters e.g. you see them as strange characters.
    The first version to support Unicode is NAV 2013.
    In other words in NAV 2013 you would not have these issues.

In order to work with these characters you need to change you regional settings.
    After that you will be able to take FBK of the database and to work with the characters if Cyrilica is enabled as a language.
    Go to
    1. Control Panel
    2. Region
    3. In a new window (on window 8) click on the tab Administrative
    4. there you will find option "Language for non-Unicode Programs". Here you probably have English selected.
    5. click on the button "Change system locale..." to change this.
    6. In the list find Russia and click on OK.
    7. double check that in section "Language for non-Unicode Programs" Russian is selected.
    8. Start NAV and take an FBK of the company.

This will not affect the current language that you use on the machine, it will only affect non-Unicode programs and characters.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.
  • gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
    So, you mean that firstly I have to upgrade the client to 2013 and after that I have to do these other changes in the system that you told me, don't I???

Thanks mate
  • vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,
    So, you mean that firstly I have to upgrade the client to 2013 and after that I have to do these other changes in the system that you told me, don't I???

No, this is not what I meant.
    I only provided information that NAV 2013 support Unicode and for that reason this issue would not have appear.
    I cant create neither a new database nor a new company, because all the sales orders go to the same company.
    In order to be able to create a new database or a new company follow the steps
    1. Control Panel
    2. Region
    3. In a new window (on window 8) click on the tab Administrative
    4. there you will find option "Language for non-Unicode Programs". Here you probably have English selected.
    5. click on the button "Change system locale..." to change this.
    6. In the list find Russia and click on OK.
    7. double check that in section "Language for non-Unicode Programs" Russian is selected.
    8. Start NAV and take an FBK of the company.

Thanks.