Options

National letter 'ø' missing in the classic client

alboralbor Member Posts: 11
Hi,

I have installed NAV 2009 RT2 SP1 on a US version of Windows Server 2008 R2 standard SP1. In the classic client the danish letter 'ø' is not shown correctly, but the danish letters 'æ' and 'å' are shown correctly. In the RT client all three letters are represented correctly. I have tried to uninstall and change date/clock and language to danish and reinstall, but it does not help at all.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this issue :thumbsup:

Comments

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    I believe there are some versions (builds) which do map that character wrongly.

I once got the task to change those characters, because they did not display correctly. When I looked at it, I found them just right in the source (C/AL Text Objects and Translation Export). So I told the responsible person, that the NAV Objects are in fact correct and the problem is caused by something in the client or the operating environment. He insisted I change the ML Strings. Some weeks later I heard "The strings are broken again" (Actually, I am pretty sure, they changed something with the NAV version or the operating environment and the characters showed as what they really were again. Only the characters 'Ø' and 'ø' were affected, as far as I could tell.

My guess is: there's an error in fin.stx for some builds. I never investigated the real cause though.