Options

Install 2009 SP1

NabucoNabuco Member Posts: 65
Hi all,
After a hardware crash on my computer i have had to install everything once more - wnets fine untill NAV 2009 SP1.
Copied the install disk to harddrive - but when doubleclick on setup.exe - nothing happen.
Anyone know the trick? (win8.1)

Comments

• Options
    surajvsurajv Member Posts: 32
    Try right clicking on setup.exe and run as Administrator (this didn't work for me).

If that doesn't work definitely log into your PC as local admin or assign local admin rights to your user account. I had the same issue when installing NAV on windows 8 and above. As the issue was on my work laptop I had to create a local admin account from control panel.
  • Options
    NabucoNabuco Member Posts: 65
    Thks surajv, but this was not the problem - am administrator and start setup as admin. Tried 7-8 times and suddenly the install worked - installing the client.
    Then got a new problem - error message: This app cannot be run on this Windows version.

I know for sure this is not correct . have seen it running on Windows 8.1 and have had it running myself on the crashed computer. Can't figure out whats wrong after having tried all saturday.

Anyone knowing why?
  • Options
    absolutelyfreewebabsolutelyfreeweb Member Posts: 104
    I believe 2009 R2 has been certified for Win 8. Have not seen SP1.

That said, you can certainly install it, I'm running a 2009 without SP on an win 8.1 But you probably have to use the individual MSIs on the DVD and not the setup.exe executable.