Options

Deleting tables in NAV2009 R2 not permitted in license

cvdmoorencvdmooren Member Posts: 10
After restoring a backup (without objects) in a standard NAV 2009 R2 database a lot of tables have been created in the 5012xxx range. These are tables from the customer's previous NAV partner that have never been used by the customer. For some reason NAV adds these tables to the backup (.fdb) even though they are empty and also adds them as new tables during the restore.

We are in the process of upgrading the customer to NAV 2015 and want to delete these obsolete tables. This however seems impossible with our partner license and with the customer's license.

I've tried deleting them in the object import form (delete option in stead of replace, skip, etc.). Same problem: You do not have permission...

Also tried some code with a deleteall on the table and then deleting the table in de objects table. Can't seem to get that to work either.

Any suggestions on how to remove them will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    cvdmoorencvdmooren Member Posts: 10
    This query in SQL seems to be the answer to my problem:

USE [xxxx]
    GO

DELETE
    FROM [dbo].[Object]
    WHERE [ID] > 5012649 AND [ID] < 5103656
    GO

Repeated this for both the Object Metadata and Object Tracking table.

In the NAV 2009 client the Tables are gone now. They however are still visible in SQL Management Studio as Tables for the different Companies.

After making a backup (from NAV 2009 Client) and restoring this in new SQL Database the Tables are gone all together.

May not be the most clean solution but solved my problem with about 300 Tables in the specified object range...