Options

"Applied Item Entries" form empty

slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
NAV 2009 R2 Classic on SQL 2008 R2

We wanted to see and unapply of sales made from a particular production order. Current remaining balance of the PO Output is 0. So, I thought to unapply the entries and re-apply another correct PO (this is a special case. normally we accept default way).

We notice that "Applied Item Entries" for any invoice/consumption line in item Ledger Entries doesn't show any records.
I checked and see records in "Item Application Entry" table.

Is this normal or a bug ?

TIA
"A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."

Comments

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,
    slmaluwa wrote:
    Is this normal or a bug ?
    It's a bug. A really old one, since Navision Attain 3.01A at least. In Codeunit 5801, an additional filter is set:
    FindAppliedEntry(ItemLedgEntry : Record "Item Ledger Entry")
    WITH ItemLedgEntry DO BEGIN
      IF Positive THEN BEGIN
        ItemApplnEntry.RESET;
        ItemApplnEntry.SETCURRENTKEY("Inbound Item Entry No.","Outbound Item Entry No.","Cost Application");
        ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Inbound Item Entry No.","Entry No.");
        ItemApplnEntry.SETFILTER("Outbound Item Entry No.",'<>%1',0);
        //OS001s os.jgl
        // ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Cost Application",TRUE);
        //OS001e os.jgl
        IF ItemApplnEntry.FIND('-') THEN
          REPEAT
            InsertTempEntry(ItemApplnEntry."Outbound Item Entry No.",ItemApplnEntry.Quantity);
          UNTIL ItemApplnEntry.NEXT = 0;
      END ELSE BEGIN
        ItemApplnEntry.RESET;
        ItemApplnEntry.SETCURRENTKEY("Outbound Item Entry No.","Item Ledger Entry No.","Cost Application");
        ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Outbound Item Entry No.","Entry No.");
        ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Item Ledger Entry No.","Entry No.");
        //OS001s os.jgl
        // ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Cost Application",TRUE);
        //OS001e os.jgl
        IF ItemApplnEntry.FIND('-') THEN
          REPEAT
            InsertTempEntry(ItemApplnEntry."Inbound Item Entry No.",-ItemApplnEntry.Quantity);
          UNTIL ItemApplnEntry.NEXT = 0;
      END;
    END;

The "Cost Application" field has something to do with application (Adjust Cost - Item Entries), but not with the application of physical movements. In the demo database this field is always true, because all cost have been adjusted and distributed across applications. But this is not the case in a real production database.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
    Thank you for the reply. I earlier the solved the original issue of re-applying through Application Worksheet.
    After reading your reply and this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KbView/2845082, I now understand the issue.
    I am commenting the line as all our items are using Average Costing and the users wanted to see the applications always.

I hope there won't be any side effects elsewhere in the system.

Thanks again.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."