Job Queue NAS Navision Application Server

abz_tecmanabz_tecman Member Posts: 27
Dynamics NAV Classic 2009 SP1 Client with 5.0 Objects

We have a job queue (Navision Application Server) that runs in the evening (it takes 40 minutes normally) and as part of this routine it accesses the item table, sales price table in which it creates a HTML file and from this HTML file it generates this CSV file. After the 20MB CSV file generation is completed the 60MB+ HTML file is deleted.

When run manually it runs fine without errors.

Note: After the job queue is restarted it runs fine for the first few nights and then it eventually fails with the following error:

Another user has changed the definition of the Item table after the activity was started.

Start your activity again.

I've tried compiling the item table (and restarting NAS and getting everyone to log out including other services) but the error still keeps coming back.

Another note: this has started happening since a database migration to a new SQL server and the error seems to occur within the SQL Server backup routine window where a index rebuild takes place initially as part of this maintenance plan. We are going to try delaying the plan to run slightly later but still not sure why it would work some evenings and some evenings not.

Can anyone think of any other reason why this might fail repeatedly?

Thank You in advance.
Abz

Comments

• sourav_aitsourav_ait Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

Do you have Change Log Entry been activated for Item Master? Because in some scenarios while you have change log activated and do make any changes within the session it gives this error.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    The reason could be what you already discovered:
    abz_tecman wrote:
    Another note: this has started happening since a database migration to a new SQL server and the error seems to occur within the SQL Server backup routine window where a index rebuild takes place initially as part of this maintenance plan. We are going to try delaying the plan to run slightly later but still not sure why it would work some evenings and some evenings not.
    Sometimes SQL Server jobs could cause that issue (e.g. like here http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=57017). As far as I know at the moment there is no solution (e.g. Hotfix) for this behavior. I searched on this issue quite a long time and even talked to some guys from MS. Like you also said, I really don't understand why the system only sometimes thinks that a certain table has been changed. And that's what it makes so hard to identify. I mean, if it would behave like this everytime the SQL job runs then you can say it's clearly related to that job. But since it's only sometimes there must be some additional internal stuff that has an impact on that job as well.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."