"You have selected the wrong instance of this printer"

emperor_ghaleonemperor_ghaleon Member Posts: 2
I realize this may not be a NAV issue per se, but the issue only presents itself in NAV, and I'm wondering how common it is.

We're using NAV2009 R2. Several users log into a Windows 2008 R2 terminal server via RDP. Sometimes, when they print (Adobe PDF printer, specifically, but this is the only printer used generally so it could be others), they will get the error message, "You have selected the wrong instance of this printer." When this issue rears its head, it can be over an hour before the user experiencing the problem can print again. Nothing they do seems to fix it - it has to clear itself on its own, seemingly.

I have read that the virtual printer table is built from data from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PrinterPorts and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices, but I am not sure what to look for. There are only about 14 printers on the terminal server, nothing unreasonable, and RDP printer redirection is disabled, so I don't think peoples' local printers are messing the list up.

Here's what I see under Devices in the registry:

qelr4ae.png

Here's what I see under PrinterPort:

ICe4WLb.png

There are no duplicate printers on the list. Could it have anything to do with the ",15,45" at the end of the last entries?

Thank you!

Comments