Weird error from Dialog

RydenRyden Member Posts: 24
Hi!

I get an extremely weird error when trying to use the standard progress bar type dialog
"Control-ID (1) is being used by the TextBox named 'Control1'."

The code looks like this, it's basically copy-paste from report 81:
Window.OPEN(
  Text001 + '\' +
  '@1@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@\' +
  '#2#########################\');

The weird thing is that it works beautifully if i change the global text constant Text001 into the literal 'Text001' or any other literal. Also, it worked perfectly until I stopped debugging and ran it live for the first time.

Now it keeps on repeating this error no matter what I do. The code never advances past Window.OPEN and it will generate hundreds of error messages until I restart NAV

Text001 is a ConstvalueML that just says "Reading Excel File"

I haven't got a textbox named Control1 so this is really baffling

NAV Version SE 4.0
SP1,PE2.07,KO1191 (5.0 SP1)

Regards

//Anders
--
www.nabsolutions.se

Comments

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Make sure you don't have any conflicting objects named Window (local, global var, field).
    If this is not the case, please try with a new zup file.
    You may also try exporting your object to text, strip out all IDs (some upgrade toolkit should provide a tool for this, or any decent text editor with regular expression search/replace will do) and re-import the resulting file.
  • RydenRyden Member Posts: 24
    Thanks
    vaprog wrote:
    Make sure you don't have any conflicting objects named Window (local, global var, field).
    Check, tried changing Window from global to local with no result
    If this is not the case, please try with a new zup file.
    Check. No difference.
    You may also try exporting your object to text, strip out all IDs (some upgrade toolkit should provide a tool for this, or any decent text editor with regular expression search/replace will do) and re-import the resulting file.

I haven't done this before, it was simple enough to set Ultra-Edit to the task, but the import tells me I need tat least some ID's
    "The function ID is missing. All user-defined functions must have an ID"

A Quick Google didn't turn up anything useful on this so what stays and what goes?
    --
    www.nabsolutions.se
  • RydenRyden Member Posts: 24
    Problem solved!

Turns out that Text001 had a %1 left from cut-and-paste in the end and since I didn't feed it a variable it balked.
    However the message about Textboxes and ID's where most helpful :roll: :bug:?
    --
    www.nabsolutions.se
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Ryden wrote:
    "The function ID is missing. All user-defined functions must have an ID"
    I have never come across this. NAV always assigned new IDs on it's own. What platform version (executable build) is this?

Glad you found the culprit. Yes NAV sometimes does it's best to mislead us.