Options

Sales Quantity - monthly, by category and for 1 distributor

eduardbeduardb Member Posts: 2
Hello together,

First, I think this topic does have nothing to do with the new functions, so that I should be in the right corner of this board.

I got the task to develop a report and due to the circumstances, that I have only started with Navision report development 2 months ago, this task seems to be unresolve able for me. Iam sure there is a easy way I cant see.

Requirements: The report shall show the quanity we have delivered to one distributor. The user shall be able to set a date range and the results shall be shown in a monthly view. The view shall be also grouped by the category the products are.

Distributors Name Feb Mar Apr May Jun
Product 1(290gm.) 96 Pc. 72 Pc. 96 Pc. 72 Pc. 120 Pc.
Procut 2(300gm.) 96 Pc. 48 Pc. 96 Pc. 48 Pc. 48 Pc.
Category 1 TOTAL 192 Pc. 120 Pc. 192 Pc. 120 Pc. 168 Pc.

Product 3 (325gm.) 24 Pc. 24 Pc. 48 Pc. 48 Pc.
Product 4 (325g.)(D) 480 Pc. 336 Pc. 384 Pc. 336 Pc. 240 Pc.
Product 5 (325g.)D 528 Pc. 528 Pc. 480 Pc. 432 Pc. 432 Pc.
Product 6 (625g.)D 24 Pc. 96 Pc.
Category 2 TOTAL 1056 Pc. 888 Pc. 864 Pc. 816 Pc. 816 Pc.

The distributors name is to find in the customer table.
Every sale to the distributor is to find in the sales line table.
To get the category, you have to access the item table and there you will find the product with a relation to the product hierarchy.

Data preparation:

I thought: Get the customer by the filter the user is setting. Relate the sales line table to the customer number.

Now my problems:

- The table would have to be dynamic? Because the range of months is never fix.
- I would have to group first by the date, to get the quantity sum of every product and then I would have to print that horizontal for the months.
- The view would have to be also grouped by the category.
:-k ](*,)

This is quite to much for two months knowledge and I am officaly overtaxed.

I dont want a full solution.. I just want tips how to structure the data and how I can group that often, because for me its a matrix.

Greetings and thank you in, I am happy for every tip
Eduard