Options

Qty having diff behavior in diff preview % and print out

AlexLimAlexLim Member Posts: 15
I try search through whole forum but I can't find any post is related to my topic and I not sure which category I should post. Pls let me know if got similar post.

My situation is :

When generate report, the quantity is having different behavior during the preview in 100% , 70% and print to printer(physical print out).
The quantity is showing * when preview report in 100%, while show the number correctly when preview report in 70% and print out

My question is :
Why is happen for the preview in different %? The report should be showing the same output regardless the preview %, as the quantity is having sufficient space.

Thank you.

Answers

• Options
    william_marcelinuswilliam_marcelinus Member Posts: 34
    Can i ask first? is this classic report or RDLC? also version of nav you using?
    as far as i know these could be manage by property of the object / field in table that show the column to format
    it as number or text or else.. try check that..
  • Options
    Dear William,

Thk for reply.

Version = Nav 2009 R2 classic.
    as far as i know these could be manage by property of the object / field in table that show the column to format
    it as number or text or else.. try check that.

Which property do you mean? I try search whole table/field but i didn't found any properties like you mention. :-k
  • Options
    Hi all,

No one is reply since last reply, by my self :(

But no matter how, I got answer from other source

His reply is
    "In the current design when you change the Zoom % in the Print preview screen, the system will try to scale down or scale up the characters to display depending on text box width, font, font size defined in report section. In doing so, the system may not be able to fit some numerical figures in the designated column for specific zoom %. In such case - asterisks(*) will be printed in the columns.

To have all characters displayed in the print preview, may increase the column widths of the text boxes in report"

Hopefully this will help if anyone is seeking this topic. :D