Options

Cant Post SO

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
We have a client that is having issues posting SO. They receive the following error.
"Posting date is not within your range of allowed posting dates in Item Journal Line Journal Template Name='',Journal Batch Name='',Line No. ='0'."

I debugged this issue and this error occurs when the system is trying to create an adjusting ('Transfer') entry. I have gone over the following article from Microsoft that deals with this issue (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952996). The simple solution is to change the G/L setup dates to be same as user setup date. However, the client want to customize the system to automatically post the adjusting entry in the users allowed posting dates rather than G/L setup allowed posting dates. Has anyone done a similar customize for the client and if they encountered any major issue or if there are any pitfalls that I should be aware off?

Comments

• Options
    william_marcelinuswilliam_marcelinus Member Posts: 34
    Yes you should aware.. the key point is GL Posting date setup affect all Posting transaction you should change the setup if current date has change and not in Posting Date Range.. other way is ask developer or DBA to create new Jobs schedule to automatically change 2 field in GL Setup : Allow Posting From and To, every 00.00 AM on current day if the day is first date of the month.