Business scenarios for Transfer Orders in NAV 2013

MichaelleeMichaellee Member Posts: 65
I hope that some people can help with providing a solution when a Transfer Order doesn't go according to plan. NAV works great when it is a perfect scenario but not so great when things doesn't go according to plan.

1) Warehouse ship stock but only part is received

So a Transfer Order is created for 10 pieces of item A and the warehouse ships this out. The problem is that the checking process fails and physically 9 is sent out. The Transfer is shipped for 10 pieces and 9 is received, leaving 1 outstanding and in the In-Transit location.

So without posting the remaining 1 and then returning it back to the warehouse to investigate, is there a way to "undo" the outstanding quantity? Ideally moving the 1 piece from In-Transit into the Transfer-From location and allow the Transfer Order to be deleted?

Any help would be appreciated. If you know the location of a manual for Transfer Order on Partnersource/Customersource, please post a link :)

Thanks,

Michaellee

Comments

• slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
    Michelle
    As far as I know, i have not seen a solution other than to ask the receiving location to accept it and then ship it back. This has created many problems in our company in the past six years of using NAV. Dunno whether any one else found a solution to "undo" the remaining item/qty.

Even today a supervisor at a location asked why should he "receive" any items he NEVER received.?
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • william_marcelinuswilliam_marcelinus Member Posts: 34
    in my previous company using nav 2009. i have created new systems and validation inside warehouse transfer receipt module.
    every time they want to receipt the transfer order after shipment, user need to re-insert Item No or Serial No for each Lines,
    or i have override the Item Tracking Lines for receipt in transfer order, to ensure and validation item shipped must same with item
    receipt.

PS : yes it is kinda bugged.. before i created it, inventory stock kinda mess and many case like Qty in physic not match with system etc.. item lost.. so i'm suggest you should make it same way.. to ensure item track movement between diff locations.