RunModal Error in NAV 6.0

amiami Member Posts: 11
Hi Guys,
I am using NAV 6.0 i get the following error when entering quantity on a sales order;

The following C/AL functions can be used only to a limited degree during write transactions (because one or more tables will be locked).
Form.RunModal() is not allowed in write transactions.
CodeUnit.Run() is allowed in write transactions only if the return value is not used. For example, 'OK: = CodeUnit.Run()' is not allowed.
Report.RunModal() is allowed in write transactions only if 'RequestForm = FALSE'. For example, 'Report.RunModal(...,FALSE)' is allowed.
DataPort.RunModal() is allowed in write transactions only if 'RequestForm = FALSE'. For example, 'DataPort.RunModal(...,FALSE)' is allowed.
Use the COMMIT function to save the changes before this call, or structure the code differently.

Anybody has a fix for this?

I will appreciate.

Comments

• MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Did you make any changes ? Most of the times when this happens when changing something on the sales line it's caused by changes conflicting with the Stock or Credit limit warning, but without more information, we can't help you.
  • amiami Member Posts: 11
    Thank you for getting in touch.
    I didn't make any change at all, didn't touch the credit limit and the item in question has an inventory of 645. I have read about a hotfix for this kind of error in version 4. I checked the code, it's got the hotfix for version 4 in.
    I honestly don't know what to do.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    in Classic or RTC?

Is it a base 6.0 Database or Upgraded one?
    It's NAV 6.0 db, not upgrade.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Compare with the latest version (NAV R2) object and check whether there is any bug fix in it..
    Mohana,
    You are right, the error was caused by a credit limit on the customer card. I've set it to zero and gone a head without the error. I think it is because the credit limit had been exceeded.

Thank you for ur help.

Ami
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ami wrote:
    Mohana,
    You are right, the error was caused by a credit limit on the customer card. I've set it to zero and gone a head without the error. I think it is because the credit limit had been exceeded.

Thank you for ur help.

Ami

I don't think this is correct. Most likely what MBerger (not Mohana) said was correct, and someone has made changes (probably in Table 37) the make a write transaction before credit checking. Its likely the error has been there for a while and you never saw it because no customer went over their credit limit.

You need to have your partner look at this and resolve it. No use simply sticking your head in the sand because the error will come back.
    David Singleton
    Hi David,
    I did look at the code and it is standard, no modification has been done. I will revisit the code again. Thank you for pointing this out.

Thanks,
    Caroline.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ami wrote:
    Hi David,
    I did look at the code and it is standard, no modification has been done. I will revisit the code again. Thank you for pointing this out.

Thanks,
    Caroline.

If you have no modifications at all to Navision, then this would be a repeatable bug that you can report to Microsoft.
    David Singleton
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    It surely sounds very strange that this basic error can be achieved in a Cronus W1 database since the stucture of this transaction has been there since the stoneage.

You are talking about hotfixes? Is this a MS hotfix? Or are you using an add-on that you don't consider a change?

Just curious... that's all...
  • RachelSoonRachelSoon Member Posts: 202
    i encounter same problem at NAV 2013 sales order, the message is "The following C/AL functions can be used only to a limited degree during write transaction (because one or more tables will be locked). Form.RunModal() is not allowed in write transaction…"

the error happen at codeunit 311-> Function -[ShowAndHandleAvailabilityPage]
    code -> Rollback := NOT (CheckAvailability.RUNMODAL = ACTION::Yes);

any advise to solve the problem?
  • lakshmivallurulakshmivalluru Member Posts: 168
    Hi,

Just load the latest copy of the object codeunit 311 from the rollups. (NAVW17.00.00.35782 )
    LR