Options

Document Notifications by SMS in Navision 2009 R2

Purvesh_MaisuriaPurvesh_Maisuria Member Posts: 71
Hello EveryOne,

I want to integreate Document Notifications by SMS in Navision 2009 R2, i dont want to buy bulk sms from any providers or dont want to buy 3rd party software or OCX. I heared that, it is possible to do SMS by using Codeunit 400 SMTP Mail' CreateMessage function, is it true ? if true then show mw the path how can i do that step by step. Or if it is not possible then give me another way to do the same. Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks & Regards.
Purvesh Maisuria.

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I want to integreate Document Notifications by SMS in Navision 2009 R2, i dont want to buy bulk sms from any providers or dont want to buy 3rd party software or OCX. I heared that, it is possible to do SMS by using Codeunit 400 SMTP Mail' CreateMessage function, is it true ?
    Yes it's true. But you still need a SMS provider that accepts the e-mail, and delivers it to the mobile phone.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    According to me there are two options,

1) Subscribe to the sms service Providers, they will ask you send mail like <mobile_no>@&lt;SP>.com something like this from your email account. Then the service Provider will be routing this mail as sms.

2) you can also try by connecting the Mobile device into system and push your to that device application outbox. This can be done using the automation.

If there is any other solutions then, even I will be looking forward to know it.

Thanks
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • Options
    Hello Luc Van Dyck & raveendran.s,

Thanks u very much to give me solution, m clear that i have to compulsorily register with SMS provider.

1. Can u pls give me the step by step procedure of doing this via codeunit 400 SMTP Mail ?
    2. Are there any Free SMS providers available for India ???

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.
  • Options
    1. Can u pls give me the step by step procedure of doing this via codeunit 400 SMTP Mail ?
    It's an ordinary mail you'll send, so no changes are needed to codeunit 400. You'll need to modify the code that generates the mail, so it's formatted according to the SMS provider rules (specific format of To:, Subject: and Body). Don't know where this code resides in NAV, as I didn't do anything with Business Notification yet.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Hello EveryOne,

I Register with bulksms SMS provider, but i m so confused in what i have to setup in ms outlook. i write this code on push event of button on 1 form.

cu400.CreateMessage('Purvesh','purvesh.m@mindquad.net','919099043342@bulksms.net','Hello','Hello How R U???',TRUE);

If Any one done this in past, Please Solve my Query, Thanks in Advanced.

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.
  • Options
    With bulksms, the Subject of your mail is the password you agreed.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just one thing which I never tried...
    Outlook 2010 and WIndows Mobile 6.5 (or 6 with update) have possibility to synchronize SMS. Thus if you will find a way how to create the sms through outlook automations and you will connect some windows mobile device to the system, you can send sms through it (and even you can receive them!). Just a tip... but needs more research...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hello EveryOne,

Thanks U All People, I Done It.

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria
  • Options
    Hello EveryOne,

Process Of How to Send Document Notifications By SMS in Navision R2

Settings Need To Done At SMS Providers Site

1. Register with any SMS provider, i did with : http://www.bulksms.com
    2. Login in BulkSMS
    3. See 1.jpg

4. Under Advanced Features Title
    5. Click On EMail to SMS settings as shown in 1.jpg
    6. Now U are On 2.jpg.

7. Click on "To add an email address to send from click here." Link as shown in 2.jpg.
    8. See 3.jpg

9. Enter Email Address From Where U Want to Send MailSMS & Password, Then Press Update Button, It Autometic give SMTP auth id.

Code Need To Done At Navision

10. Make 1 Blank Form & Put 1 Button on That form.
    11. On Push Event of That Button Write This Code.
    //SMTP.CreateMessage('Sender','Sender Email Id-Configured in BulkSMS Site','<mobilenumber>@&lt;sms-provider address>','Subject-<Password>','<Ur Message>',FALSE);
    SMTP.CreateMessage('Purvesh','purvesh.maisuria@gmail.com','919099043342@bulksms.net','Hello-12345','Hello Sir, SMS From Navision...',FALSE);
    SMTP.Send;
    MESSAGE('Message Sent Successfully...');

Note : 1. It is Important to write Password in Subject, It is in any format. Like Hello-12345 / 12345-Hello / Hi-12345-Hello.
    2. In Phone Number, Dont forget to write country code, i write 91 that is india's contry code.

Finish

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.
    MCP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And if you look at my last blog article, you will see that it is possible even without the provider, just with Windows Mobile Phone, outlook and exchange (2010).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    nilesh4381nilesh4381 Member Posts: 33
    Look my post for simplest solutions

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=56242
    Regards,
    Nilesh Gajjar

Nav Technical Consultant
    http://www.intech-systems.com
  • Options
    NatashawilliamsNatashawilliams Member Posts: 2
    Yes you it's true But You will need to have Bulk SMS service provider or plugin which can accept the E-mail and send it as SMS.
  • Options
    AabhapureAabhapure Member Posts: 1
    i am agree with natasha its required the best bulk sms service provider with Email facility and send sms also.
  • Options
    bulksmsclub1bulksmsclub1 Member Posts: 2
    Bulk sms are most inexpensive and reliable and Transactional SMS are the best marketing strategy to promote business. so you can send sms again in a single click.
  • Options
    logonutilitylogonutility Member Posts: 1
    This is a better way but through bulk SMS services you can send multiple messages at a time.
  • Options
    thomasbarbutthomasbarbut Member Posts: 25
    Hello,

I have implemented in the past a "poor mans" solution:
    Create table with ascii codes in Dynamics and function to transform cleartext to ascii
    https://smsgateway.me/ --> With this you can transform an Android phone into a SMSGateway.
    You can setup multiple Phones and write code for failover. They have an API for this.
    Create a web application with a function (I have created it in PHP, but it can be programmed in all languages.) which get all parameters in the link
    Put all parameters in the link
    www.examle.com/index.php?number=1110231&message=(ascii encoded before in Dynamics)
    And access it.

best regards,
    Thomas Barbut
  • Options
    MsgClubMsgClub Member Posts: 1
    edited 2018-07-20
    Hello Purvesh_Maisuria

you still need bulk sms services because you need a good tech support for sol any type of issues and own user friendly pannel and in document integration security is most important and if sms providers give effort able rate so you think about it