How to link the warehouse entries with Item ledger entries?

gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
Hello everyone..

Advance regards for sharing your thoughts.

The situation where we stuck is here below.

In the Item tracking code we have used for all the items so far, On the Item Tracking Code Card, on the Lot No. tab, Lot Warehouse tracking is unchecked. Hence the warehouse entries have generated without lot no. Now the client wants to look into the lot nos. with bin specific which I guess would only be possible if we update the warehouse entries with Lot.

For this, I am tring to find a unique relation between the Item Ledger entry and Warehouse entry and here I am stuck. Would be very grateful if someone could suggest on how to update the warehouse entries with lot no. based on Item ledger entry or if any other possiblity which would solve my purpose.

Thank u all.
Dilip
Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    when you do any transactions with Bin then system will update the ware House entry - 7312.

But this table does not have the ILE relation.

But you have the Reference document type and reference document No .

So it may be helpful to you.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Item Ledger Entries contain financial information. Warehouse Entries don't. Also most places don't track their inventory by lot / serial so you never have an idea of what specific inventory you're moving at any given time. Thus there is no direct relation between the two.

You can try going through all of the documents, linking them together, but that will be a lot of work and not a guaranteed result.
  • gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
    But you have the Reference document type and reference document No.
    Thanks sriniavas but this will not work for me. I was looking for a unique relation between these tables.
    mattrax wrote:
    You can try going through all of the documents, linking them together, but that will be a lot of work and not a guaranteed result.
    Thanks Mattrax. Hope this should work but seems very tedious.

Any simplier solution :-k
    Dilip
    Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    The Reference document type and reference document No will update in ILE also when you do any transaction..
  • dspasovdspasov Member Posts: 33
    edited 2010-05-12
    Hi,
    I`m sure but you could try these relations:
    "Item Ledger Entry"."Entry No." = "Item Entry Relation"."Item Entry No."
    "Item Entry Relation"."Order No." = "Warehouse Entry"."Source No."
    "Item Entry Relation"."Order Line No." = "Warehouse Entry"."Source Line No."

It is not covering on 100% because of splitting lines when do tracking but is near