Options

Printing to a barcode printer

ramyavenkatramyavenkat Member Posts: 94
Hi all,

I have generated a barcode that I need to print on a barcode printer. How do I do it from Navision?
Do I have to just incorporate the fonts? How is the conversion done? Please help!!
Will the barcode generator download help me print the barcode?

Thanks and Regards,
Ramya Venkat

Comments

• Options
    rolandroland Member Posts: 36
    Hi Ramya,

First you have to decide which barcode font you are using, then install it in your development PC. Then just change the font properties for the field in your report to the barcode font!

Remember that you must install the font into every Windows workstation which needs to print the barcode.

- Roland
  • Options
    Hi Roland,
    Thank you. I will try it and get back with the result.

Regards,
    Ramya Venkat
  • Options
    Zoltan_KarpatiZoltan_Karpati Member Posts: 26
    Hi All,

We have a similar task: we have to print EAN-128 barcodes on the delivery notes. We've downloaded the evaluation version of:
    - Morovia Code128
    - IDAutomationSC128M
    - Elfring Code 128
    The problem is that
    - we can print Morovia and IDAutomation barcodes from Navision but our scanner doesn't recognize them
    - our scanner recognizes Elfring barcodes but we can't print such codes from Navison (text can be seen instead of bars)

What can be wrong here?

Thx.
    Zoltan
  • Options
    cmorancmoran Member Posts: 5
    Have you try to write '*' at the begining and the end of the string code ?
    IT Developer
    MPS
    Spain
  • Options
    No, we haven't. Do you think '*' is necessary?

Zoltan
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2004-10-19
    absolutely for Barcode type 3 of 9

Example;

FontName : BC C39 3 to 1 Narrow

SourceExpr: '*' + "Sales Header"."No." + '*'

This allows us to scan our OrderNumbers on a pciking ticket to bring up the order.
  • Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    The leading and trailing asterisk is used as the start and stop character only in 'Code 39' or '3 of 9 Code' bar codes. Code 39 bar codes are quite common, but have limitations -- by default it can only represent 43 characters (uppercase letters, numbers and a few special characters), and it usually doesn't contain a check digit.

For EAN-128 (a variant of the Code 128 bar code symbol set, see http://www.ean-int.org/128.html ), you need to enclose the data with the following items:
    • Start character A, B or C
    • FNC 1 character
    • <the data you want to encode>
    • Checksum digit
    • Stop character
    You will have to look at the font documentation to determine what characters to put in front of your data for the start character and FNC1 character. Then you will probably have to write a routine to compute the checksum digit from your data to add at the end, along with the stop character. Search the internet for examples of the EAN-128/Code 128 checksum calculation.

hth.
  • Options
    Hi ,

We actually do not have details of the barcode printer. We are trying to simulate it using a driver for zebra barcode printer. The driver we downloaded is "Zebra 110XiIII Plus (300 dpi)".

We are not able to print the barcode in the font though we have downloaded and installed the barcode font.

Please guide us. How do we go about in this scenario and we are not using any specific EAN or other barcode types. On the click of a button we have generated the barcode which we are storing in a variable as follows:

1000LOT0063SM00018
    We have designed a report of label type.

Thanks and Regards,
    Ramya Venkat
  • Options
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    We have found a working solution:
    Morovia Code128 Fontware package (commercial)
    The MRV Code128B font can be included in Navision reports.

Zoltan
  • Options
    nav_rookienav_rookie Member Posts: 1
    yes, finaly first code 128 that realy works on navision

Morovia Code128 Fontware package (commercial)
  • Options
    captaincaptain Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

We have a similar task: we have to print EAN-128 barcodes on the delivery notes. We've downloaded the evaluation version of:
    - our scanner recognizes Elfring barcodes but we can't print such codes from Navison (text can be seen instead of bars)

What can be wrong here?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]
    "Bar Sample 128AB HR,204"="Bar Sample 128AB HR,0"

where "204" Charset for Cyrillic
    (204 = Cyrillic CP1251 Cyr)
    (0 = Western (Latin 1) CP1252)

Elfring barcodes are working well.

Best regards,

Captain
  • Options
    mbmartinwambmartinwa Member Posts: 18
    I am in the process if adding Code128 Barcode fonts to my Navision Reports and have purchased the Morivia 128 fontware as suggested here but I am not sure what to do with it next. Can somebody provide me with an example? Thanks!
    Michael Martin