Barcode Generation

ramyavenkatramyavenkat Member Posts: 94
Hi all,

I want to generate a barcode with a combination of itemno. sno, lot no and item product category code. On generating this, i want to print it to a barcode printer.

can u suggest an optimal way to do this in navision

regards,
ramya venkat

Comments

• aryaputhraaryaputhra Member Posts: 12
    this will depend on the type of barcode software/printer that the client wishes to implement.
    I have done something similar using Sato printers (item no, s/n, and product category).

you might also want to customize a field in Navision that incorporates the above fields.
  • ramyavenkatramyavenkat Member Posts: 94
    Hi aryaputhra,
    can u please send me more details on that.Especially the customization part. the s/n and lot no. are available in the item tracking lines.is it not? can;t we use it? I am planning to use that only.

regards,
    Ramya venkat
  • aryaputhraaryaputhra Member Posts: 12
    hi ramyvenkat

sorry for the delayed post. we did not use the item tracking lines table. we infact added a new code field in the ITEM table integrating the three fields together.

the barcode was then used to read this field.
  • chrispaulchrispaul Member Posts: 174
    Hi,

Can any one help me regarding Barcode label printing from SATO ? Is it same as Normal Laser printing or something other like any other DLL or XML source code need to be used. I am very new to BarCode Printing so please help me.