Options

Analysis View Update

supp85supp85 Member Posts: 76
Hello all,

I am slightly confused, I have a dimension called Item and I have changed some of the values, i have amended the history (Document Dimension, Ledger entry dimension tables etc) and I have run an update on the Analysis view for that dimension, however it is not updating the Item Analysis View Entries table as it is still showing the old dimension values. Have a done something wrong?

Answers

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    change some setting e.g. filter on the analysis view and it will ask you to delete the entries, click yes.
    Then remove the setting that you changed back to original and then click on update. It will take a while and will rebuild the analysis view.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    thank you for your reply, i have done this but it just doesn't want to update the Item Analysis View Entries table. Would i need to do this for every analysis view that has the dimension Item against it?
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Yes you need to do it for every analysis view
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

Which analysis views are you using - Analysis View or Item Analysis View?

For the Analysis View the Ledger Entry Dimension for the G/L Entries are used but for the Item Analysis View the Value Entries are used. Have you updated both?
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Options
    Ahhh, no i have only updated the analysis view, I have just run the Item Analysis view update and that has done the trick thank you very much for your help.
  • Options
    DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Glad to Help :mrgreen:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Options
    bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    Hi,

Just to mention here... if you are using NAV 4.0 sp1 (not sure about sp3) bear in mind there is a bug in the Compression function. For sure it has been corrected in NAV 5.0. It may be that this bug had been eliminated even in 4sp3, but I am not sure.
    So if you are using NAV 4.0 check the underlying Analysis View entries if they are correct.
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.
  • Options
    Lec11Lec11 Member Posts: 91
    Hello,

I've encountered the same problem in an analysis view that has Date compression = 'Day', only one dimension and Update on posting = true. I have Nav 4.0 SP2 with SQL 2005.

The problem is that some values do not match with the underlying g/l entries. The funny thing is that there is a situation where the amount in analysis view is higher than the sum in g/l entries (a g/l entry has been summed twice).

I've searched for this fix bstoyano mentioned but I couldn't find anything. I also looked through 5.0 code but I couldn't see a difference that could influence the calculation of the Amount field.

Does anybody know any details in order to guide in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kriki wrote:
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]

Why not rename the NAV 2009 Forum to "Navision Three Tier" and rename NAV/Navision to "Navision Classic Client" I think the titles are confusing and that why you have to move so many entries. And forget the forum descriptions, as no one reads those, especially not newbees.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    to Lec11,

I just checked and the developer has fixed codeunit 7150 Update Item Analysis View. For some reason, however, the articles currently are not accessible on the partnersource.
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
  • Options
    Lec11Lec11 Member Posts: 91
    Hi, bstoyano and thanks for your answer!

It seems I was confused by your first post. I've seen that the initial problem on this topic was about Item Analysis View, but in your post you said only Analysis View and, in my mess, I misunderstood.
    My problems are in Analysis View not in Item Analysis View. I'll continue monitoring the issue but the fact that the problem appears completely random will make my work more difficult.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Sorry that I misled you.
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.