Options

Dev Toolkit - Error 1048 1046 and 1362

ALyczkowskiALyczkowski Member Posts: 33
I am trying to install NAV Developers toolkit NAV version 3.01 Build 410.

I have installed NAV2009 SP1 as a Client only database, Tried creating a Dev Toolkit Database and Importing the NAV Objects. I've tried Restoring the BAckup provided with the toolkit in NAV 2009 sp1. I have reconfigured my C/Front, But I cannot seem to get past these errors.

what the (#** am I doing wrong?

When I am trying to run the database created from the Backup I get the Error 1048, then "You have not selected a database" then the error 1046 Fatal Database error.

When I try to run the database that I created, I get an error 1362. Followed by a "You have not selected a database" 2x and then the error 1046 Fatal database error.

Can anyone explain what these errors mean?

Aside from Going back to a 4.0 Database and an older version of Nav Developes toolkit, What else can I do. If you have gotten past these errors, What have you done? I am quite sure that the MIBUSO Community would appreciate your knowledge here.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Alan

Comments

• Options
    ALyczkowskiALyczkowski Member Posts: 33
    DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

After several attempts with this, I finally re-installed NAV2009 without Service Pack 1. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the Developers toolkit listed above. After doing this, I seemed to be able to restore from the Back-up database and Open it.

I am still curious what the error messages i got are, But If you are in the Same Situation, Learn from my mistake, and do not use the toolkit with a 2009 SP1 database.

If you can explain these errors, please do so.

Thanks,

Alan
  • Options
    absolutelyfreewebabsolutelyfreeweb Member Posts: 104
    I wasted some time on this as well. The user manual coming with it is not updated, misleading me to think I could use old native databases and upgrade them.

I only found Nav 2009 database (SQL of course) working, and even then I had to rename nc_tcp.dll to nc_default.dll in the cfront directory and choose net type default to make it work.

Furthermore since I only have sql 2005, and only a nav 2009 vpc, I had to install sql 2005 on the nav 20009 vpc, make a database there, and import it to my real sql 2005.

Thanks for making this thread.
  • Options
    DBGloverDBGlover Member Posts: 3
    The latest version of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s Toolkit (version 3.01.410) is developed for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009. Therefore,
    you need to create the Developer’s Toolkit database with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 client executables.
    This How To article describes how you can make version 3.01.410 of the Developer’s Toolkit work with a Developer’s Toolkit database created with
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 client executables.
    The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s Toolkit (NDT) uses C/Front to connect to the NDT database. You can make the Developer’s Toolkit
    connect to a database that was created with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 client executables by following these steps:
    1. Install a Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Classic client
    2. Install the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s Toolkit version 3.01.410
    3. Create the Developer’s Toolkit database following the instructions in the Developer’s Toolkit manual
    4. Install C/Front for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1
    5. Copy the following C/FRONT files from the C/Front installation folder to the Developer's Toolkit folder:
    CFRONT.DLL
    cfront.ocx
    cfrontsql.dll
    Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.dll
    Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.xml
    Note:
    C/Front is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\SDK\CFRONT.
    The Developer's Toolkit is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files \Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Developers
    Toolkit
    6. Copy the following files from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic client folder to the Developer's Toolkit folder:
    nc_netb.dll
    nc_tcp.dll
    nc_tcps.dll
    ndbcs.dll
    slave.exe
    dbm.dlll
    Note:
    The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic client is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics
    NAV\60\Classic
    The Developer's Toolkit is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files \Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Developers
    Toolkit
    I also had to copy a Cronus license and the fin.stk files into the devtoolkit directory
  • Options
    darko29darko29 Member Posts: 2
    Thnx, that did it for me.
  • Options
    iloveNAV99iloveNAV99 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you so much for these instructions. I have struggled with getting this dev toolkit to work for years (believe it or not) and many of my colleagues went through the same trouble trying over and over the manual instructions and never got through. :)