Options

NAS Problem................Urgent

companycompany Member Posts: 89
Hi All,

I got an error while i am trying to start the NAS.

The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( ServerName-CLASSIC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: You do not have permission to read the Session table.

I have also setup the windows user with super permissions.

i have also setup the logon to both the server and NAS with the windows user.

Still i am getting the error.

Please can you help me ...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    do you have also prompt the other parameters like: Servername, Databasename, Companyname, Startupparameter, Nettype, Function in Trigger 99 in CU 1 :?:

regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    HI

I have setup all the information needed.
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    you work on the SQl Server DAtabase option or native Database option :?:

Has the NAS user the permissions to read the virtual navision table "Session" :?:
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    It is Native Database Server.
    The NAS User is an Windows User with Super Role.

NAS User does not have permission to view the Session table or Form in Database.(The Database is opened with windows authentication).

If the database is logon with database autentication with another User (with Super Role)the session table is opened.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Did you check this. It might help you find the problem: http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=15
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    I have checked it.

I still have the Problem...
  • Options
    Try this:
    -Make sure you current Windows login can be used to get into Navision
    -run the NAS from DOS without installing it and see what happens (use the same string as for installing, but not "instalasservice").
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    Hi,

run the NAS from DOS without installing it and see what happens (use the same string as for installing, but not "instalasservice").

Can You please tel me briefly how to run NAs without installing.
  • Options
    KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
    I am facing the same problem.

Also, I tried with how-to ( http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=15) and the same problem exists. I got the followings from the event viewer:

1. The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( MSC-CLASSIC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The server is not responding anymore (TCP/IP error ECONNRESET).
    Try the following steps in the order specified to resolve the problem:

1) Start the client again.
    2) Start the server and then the client again.
    3) Check the TCP/IP installation.

2. The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( MSC-CLASSIC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV MSC-CLASSIC could not initialize properly.
    The server will attempt to initialize every 30 seconds until this is successful.

Can you please help me
  • Options
    This is the string to install the service (taken from the how-to):
    nassql.exe appservername=TheNasName, NETTYPE=TCP, servername=TheSQLServer,
    database=TheSQLDatabase, company="The Company", nettype=tcp,
    startupparameter=”THEPARAMETER”, objectcache=40000, installasservice

This is the string to run the NAS in DOS with current Windows user:
    nassql.exe appservername=TheNasName, NETTYPE=TCP, servername=TheSQLServer,
    database=TheSQLDatabase, company="The Company", nettype=tcp,
    startupparameter=”THEPARAMETER”, objectcache=40000

Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    Yes.. After installing and starting the service im getting the error "The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV MSC-CLASSIC could not initialize properly" while run the NAS using DOS command/starting the service manually.
  • Options
    ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Try to start the code through normal navision client. You can have a look to cu1 what codeunit is started with the nas parameter. If you know that, you create a temporary from, from where you start the codeunit that is usually executed by nas.
    You can test that with a normal user and with the same windows login used by nas. Also debugging with the debugger is very easy with this.

Btw: Did you upgrade from 3.x to 4.x or 5.x? If yes, please be aware that there were many changes in security, also session table is not readable any more without the proper role.

Hope this helps
    Thomas
  • Options
    The error occurs before executing the required objects. i.e. the NAS has not initialized properly and hence it is not allowing to do any further executions. I have properly specified the followings:

1. Database server name = MSC10
    2. NAS Service Name = MSC10-CLASSIC
    3. Window's Authentication (which has administrator rights)

DOS Cmd:
    nas appservername=MSC10-CLASSIC, servername=MSC10,company="CRONUS UK Ltd.", startupparameter=ADCS

the above command is executed after starting the service and resulted in the below error.

The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( IIHAASYS10-CLASSIC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The server is not responding anymore (TCP/IP error ECONNRESET).
    Try the following steps in the order specified to resolve the problem:

1) Start the client again.
    2) Start the server and then the client again.
    3) Check the TCP/IP installation.
    The error pop's up if we run the service manually (from services) or through the DOS.

All the above opertions are performed in NAV 5.0

Can you suggest if i am wrong anywhere?
  • Options
    Try this
    nas appservername=MSC10-CLASSIC, nettype=TCP, servername=MSC10,company="CRONUS UK Ltd.", startupparameter=ADCS

Without the nettype=TCP, Navision uses TCPS as a default and I never heard someone for who it worked.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    Thank You Kriki... It's working fine...
  • Options
    katja1989katja1989 Member Posts: 21
    guess my problem fits good in this thread ...

C:\nas>nas appservername=NAV-CLASSIC50, nettype=TCP, servername=NAV, company="CRONUS AG", startupparameter="NEP-NAV"
    Date: 05/16/08
    - 8:55:04 AM:
    8:55:04 AM: Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV version 5.00 (Build 24199)
    8:55:04 AM: Copyright (c) 1987-2007 Microsoft Corporation
    8:55:04 AM:
    - 8:55:05 AM: The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).
    8:55:05 AM:
    8:55:05 AM: You can see how to make changes to your 'hosts' and 'services' files in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you nee
    - 8:55:05 AM: The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV NAV-CLASSIC50 could not initialize properly.
    8:55:05 AM: The server will attempt to initialize every 30 seconds until this is successful.
    8:55:05 AM:
    - 8:55:10 AM: The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV NAV-CLASSIC50 was shut down.
    8:55:10 AM:

C:\nas>nas appservername=NAV-CLASSIC50, nettype=TCP, servername=10.12.200.77, company="CRONUS AG", startupparameter="NEP-NAV"
    Date: 05/16/08
    - 8:57:02 AM:
    8:57:02 AM: Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV version 5.00 (Build 24199)
    8:57:02 AM: Copyright (c) 1987-2007 Microsoft Corporation
    8:57:02 AM:
    - 8:57:03 AM: The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).
    8:57:03 AM:
    8:57:03 AM: You can see how to make changes to your 'hosts' and 'services' files in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you nee
    - 8:57:03 AM: The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV NAV-CLASSIC50 could not initialize properly.
    8:57:03 AM: The server will attempt to initialize every 30 seconds until this is successful.
    8:57:03 AM:
    - 8:57:10 AM: The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV NAV-CLASSIC50 was shut down.
    8:57:10 AM:

as u can see, i tried the servername and the ip address of the computer ... but it just doesn't work :(

*help please*

// EDIT

i also checked the hosts and the lmhosts file and checked the entries
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    Can you do a telnet nav 2407 (or telnet 10.12.200.77 2407). If everything is allright, you should get a blank screen. If not, you should get an errormessage. (assuming the server is running on the default port)

If you get an errormessage, check the services file on the server and the client to see if the port is not changed. then check if there's no (desktop) firewall in place which could block the traffic. Also make sure that the navision server is running...
  • Options
    I started of by creating a new entry in the services file
    (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services)

the entry looks like the following:
    nas 2407/tcp #NAV Test

following I tried the telnet, with the result:
    C:\nas>telnet 10.12.200.77 2407
    Connecting To 10.12.200.77...Could not open connection to the host, on port 2407: Connect failed

is my services entry wrong?
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    No, they are allright. It should not matter, as you cannot even connect to the NAV server with telnet. This can mean a few things:

1. The Navision server is not on port 2407
    2. The Navision server is not on serer 10.12.200.77
    3. The Navision server is not running at all
    4. The Navision server is running, but there is a firewall somewhere in place blocking the traffic
    5. You are not using Navision Native, but SQL

Check if you can connect to the server from another client (just start a Navision client from a user's computer). Go to database info, and use the same settings on the NAS.

If you are using SQL Server, use NASSQL.exe, not NAS.exe
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, but I don't have a clue how to check your hints. How do I find out, on which port the navision server is running?
  • Options
    katja1989 wrote:
    Thanks for your help, but I don't have a clue how to check your hints. How do I find out, on which port the navision server is running?
    Check the services file on the database server. There should be an entry for the Navision DB. If there isn't, it means it uses the default port.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion