Options

Multiple copies in Vista

FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
Hi

My customer has bought some new Vista machines and installed the NAV 5.0 client on them. They have a technical upgrade of NF 2.01 running on their server, we are going to upgrade them to full blood NAV 5.0 in the end of this month. :D

BUT, they get some strange issues when printing of from the Vista machines. The amount of copies are squared, that is if they choose to print two copies they get four, and if they choose three they get nine and so on. ](*,)
How come? It's new clean machines so it shouldn't be any ZUP file problems.
It works fine printing out form Office Applications, but not from NAV.
It also works fins from all the XP machines as well as from the Terminal Server.

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    See if you can get an updated driver for the printer for Vista. That's the first thing I would do.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I have tried the NAV 5.0 on my Vista machine and I have no problem. NAV is very sensitive to incorrectly working drivers...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    just curious...what if you print one copy?
    1^2 = 1
    :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
    Belias wrote:
    just curious...what if you print one copy?
    1^2 = 1
    :mrgreen:

Yes, it works with one copy. As you stated it doesn't matter how many multiples of one you have, you will still get one as result.
    And it's working with other applications, but it's of course worth looking for some updated drivers anyway and see if that solves the problem.
  • Options
    DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,
    I'm running V5.0 on Vista and have not problems with copies. Have you tried to debug one on the reports on the Vista machines as I suspect that it is to do with loop counter initialising in dataitems i.e.

Dataitem copyloop =3
    ...dataitem pageloop = 3

hence 3*3 = 9 copies

Hope this helps
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    As a workaround, I'd probably install a PDF printer to print NAV documents to, and then print from the PDF to get to the paper copies.

Really though, if you're on NF 2.01 then there's your problem
  • Options
    JoeriJoeri Member Posts: 75
    Sometimes it is something ever simpler. You have a number of copies in the report and also a number of copies in the printer dialog (and ofcourse on the customer card). So if one of them is wrong you always get a wrong number of copies from the printer.
    Example:
    Report number of copies = 1
    Printer dialog you select to print it 2 times

you get
    1*2*2 = 4 copies
  • Options
    deartrideartri Member Posts: 1
    This fix is in 5.0 sp 1.
  • Options
    kostaskourtideskostaskourtides Member Posts: 4
    So, did anyone find the solution to this problem?
    We have Vista with Navision 4.0 SP3
    Kostas Kourtides
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    Hotfix is here
    Isssue: Double quantities of copies are printed when you print a Microsoft Dynamics NAV report on a computer that is running Windows Vista
    Link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... YSQTOYKUWP

You will have to log in and downloadhotfix
  • Options
    andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Hello,

we have NAV 5.0 and various pc having Windows 7.
    Only on 1 of them and on 1 report, when we make a print of more copies it prints squaring the number of copies: 2 -> 4, 3 ->9 ....on classic printers on print server.
    If I print on Cutepdf printer on same client it prints right number of copies.
    DenSter wrote:
    As a workaround, I'd probably install a PDF printer to print NAV documents to, and then print from the PDF to get to the paper copies.
    Joeri wrote:
    Sometimes it is something ever simpler. You have a number of copies in the report and also a number of copies in the printer dialog (and ofcourse on the customer card). So if one of them is wrong you always get a wrong number of copies from the printer.
    Example:
    Report number of copies = 1
    Printer dialog you select to print it 2 times

you get
    1*2*2 = 4 copies

Joery could you explain better where we can check?

Other advices?

Thank you
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    did you check the hotfix?
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    But the hotfix is for 4.0. Isn't it?
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    and also available for the 5.0, it is included in the service pack hence 5.0 SP1
    and you could check on the pc that the no of copies given into the report is not copied to the print dialog.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    But if database (SQL 2005) and all other client are 5.0 can I change only the exe/setup of a client with SP1 on this one letting the rest unchanged because there is no problem?

Thank you
  • Options
    Could you please help me and give a reply on my last post?

Thank you very much
  • Options
    It happens also on standard report 7321 Inventory Movement NAVW14.00 15/09/04 12:00:00
    when I insert the number of copies in windows printer driver because this field in not present in Request form.

Isn't there a method to solve this problem of copies exponential applying only a fix to this and not all database migration to SP1?
    We have a lot of objects modified.

Thank you
  • Options
    ProbesProbes Member Posts: 3
    Did anyone find a Version 5 hot-fix for this problem? Would like to avoid upgrading to 5 SP1 at present.