Font on Navision

S0918423470S0918423470 Member Posts: 159
Dear all,

I have a question about font on Navision. Default font on NAV 50 is Tahoma, but i dont want this thing. Because i want to use VNese font like VNI-HELVE. If i want to do that i select each control (Label,Textbox..) and change font of it. It takes time so much.

I wonder how can we change the default font??? It is setup somewhere in configuration file (ini file or ....), isn't it?? If we can find and replace by our own file it's so easy and faster.

anybody know about this, pls tell me. Thank you so much.

HN

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    HN

The default font is stored in the fin.stx file. But I have not been able to change it. You will get an error when you try to change it.

You can find it when you search for "//Application font".

I looked if it could be changed it when you use a text export of the code. But if the font used doesn't differ from the default font, it will not export the font name.

Regards,

Willy Martens
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • S0918423470S0918423470 Member Posts: 159
    Hi,

I think the problem with this thing is we dont have the "right" program to read and write STX file. Although we can open this file with Notepad or EditPlus ect but when we change the contents in this file, we can not save it as STX format file.
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    You can do this through Windows.

Navision uses the font defined as the Windows Helvetica font. Go into the registry and change the mapping of Helevtica to whatever you want.
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    This is the registry key you will want to change:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes

then restart the machine.
  • cbuethecbuethe Member Posts: 3
    When Helvetica is not Helvetica!

Interestingly enough I had some fields on a report hard coded to Helvetica and some that were set to the default <Helvetica>.

For hard coded Helvetica fields it printed Arial on both the Dell and HP PC's. For defaulted <Helvetica> fields it printed Arial on the HP PC but
    some other Font on the Dell. My choice was to go to each and every Dell PC and change the registry to match the HP machine or change the one report that absolutely needed it. I changed the report as it took much less time. If you need to reflect a new defaulted font on each and every one of the reports changing the registry on each PC will take less time.

Also, when I did check the Dell PC the values in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE I did not find any reference to Helvetica but did when I checked under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. The point is that it appears that there is a possibility of registry differences by manufacturer or possibly Windows version. I did not dig into it any further but if you have issues you may need to.