Multi company setup - Consolidation question

neogandhineogandhi Member Posts: 2
Hi guys,
Need some help on multi-company setup on Nav 4 SP3..
Request the top dudes on Mibuso NAV to help me out if they can.

Situation :

Multiple companies..similar business..single group-legal requirement,so the multiple companies..

Vendor/Customer ledger Transactions common..as in,A might buy,B might procure,C might produce, and D mite sell finally..to A's customer..

Even Sales Order qty,split between B and C for production - possible.

Requirement for stock consolidation across companies-reporting requirements,not realtime..
Customers and vendors common across companies..

What would you suggest amongst the 2 options ?

Multi-company setup in single navision db..consolidation process run for G/L consolidation..works fine,tried and tested method.

My understanding is that the masters are company-specific but common (datapercompany property) in the db..while the ledger entry transaction tables are specific to the company.
So i suggested this method of populating all the data on an independent db..batch..to eliminate navision load..and n reports generated on say,crystal reports.

Adv : Navision rules adhered to,Load balancing etc issues not major,etc
Disadv : Reporting requirements from client mite increase and incremental effort everytime.
Navision Features like dimension anlaysis,etc elminated.

The other approach -
Single company with multiple companies as responsibility centers- users logged into specific company in system based on custom code for responsibility center based security filter..
Stock is automatically consolidated..but 'navigate',etc on ledger entry tables will show all data..

Adv : Navision multi-company setup challenged.
Disadv : Complicated.filtering on all levels for each user..multi-responsibility center tagging for single user - not possible..confusing.
:P

Please suggest. will understand if you dont respond.
Thanks.
Functional is essential..but it's the code which rulez.

Comments

• RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
    Hey neogandhi,
    what was your solution?
    We have got the find the right decision for the same question...
    Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)