.NET web application connecting to NAV Web Services (Login i

mnash_acoramnash_acora Member Posts: 3
edited 2015-08-06 in General Chat
Hi All,

Relatively new to NAV 2015, I’ve created a SharePoint Portal that connects to NAV via webservices. The below snippet is my current connection method to NAV which works well.

The dedicated NAV login account details are stored in a SharePoint List, this works fine , my question is around the approach, as I’m lead to believe using a dedicated User account is not allowed for internal users due to Multiplexing (believe it’s called).

Is there another way to connect i.e. passing a username & there web service access key?

Many Thanks.

// Calls Function from The CoreFunctions Class File to get the login details & stuff in an array
ArrayList Details = CF.NAVLoginDetails();

// The Web Service URL – Stored in SharePoint
string serviceUri = CF.NAVWebServiceURL();

//Setting up NAV Conection
DataServiceContext context = new DataServiceContext(new Uri(serviceUri));
NAV nav2 = new NAV(new Uri(serviceUri));

// Setting NAV Credentials (Username,Password,Domain
nav2.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential(Details[1].ToString(), Details[2].ToString(), Details[0].ToString());

//Query
IQueryable Invoices;
Invoices = from c in nav.TPostedSalesOrder
orderby c.Line_No ascending
select c;

//Loop through
foreach (CustomerPortal.ServiceReference1.TPostedSalesOrder Invoice in Invoices)
{

// Do XYZ

}

Comments

• jburklejburkle Member Posts: 1
    Have you found an answer to this inquiry?

I too am trying to find a way to call the web service using the username and web service key.

When I pass the web service key in place of the password, it returns and unauthorized 401 page.
  • mnash_acoramnash_acora Member Posts: 3
    sadly no I still have the same issue as yourself, I've posted this around various forums but still no answer.