How to create an "Edit" line?

AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
edited 2011-01-03 in General Chat
How to create an "Edit" line when editing the post?

Like:
Last edited: 01 Jan 2011 by andwian, edited: 2 times
Regards,
Andwian

Answers

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Isn't this automatically inserted by the forum software, whenever you edit an existing posting?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Isn't this automatically inserted by the forum software, whenever you edit an existing posting?

No. Just tested.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    No. That's why I wonder, how come some people could have this line when making editing. :-k
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    How did you test it? I presume the line "Last edited" is only displayed when replies are given.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    How did you test it?
    I make the initial post, and then before anyone else reply (or read, maybe), I edited the line.
    I presume the line "Last edited" is only displayed when replies are given.
    Hmm... nice idea. Now, let me edit the 1st post and see if it works.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    Luc Van Dyck wrote:
    I presume the line "Last edited" is only displayed when replies are given.
    Hmm... nice idea. Now, let me edit the 1st post and see if it works.
    :lol: I just test it, and I get
    Last edited by Andwian on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Thank you, Luc for pointing that out. I just know about that logical reason. When there is no one reply, then you could "safely" edit your post. Nice to know! :wink:

But it is interesting to test the scenario, where no one replies, but there is at least 1 user who READ it only. I want to know if the EDIT line is necessary :wink:
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    How did you test it? I presume the line "Last edited" is only displayed when replies are given.

Got It.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in