The role permissions are equal - actual acess differ

ReedbergReedberg Member Posts: 68
edited 2014-08-27 in Navision Attain
Hello experts,
My client uses a custom version of Navision Attain 3.6 and NAV5 as a client.
He has PROD database and a copy of PROD database.

Certain user connects to PROD db and reserves an item in Sales Quote. During reservation system tries to find a record in Item Vendor table and returns an error message: You don't have permission to read Item Vendor table. The roles assigned to the user actually do not allow user to read Item Vendor table, so the error message is clear.

But when the same user connects to the Test db (copy of PROD db), he actually can reserve the very same item in the very same Sales Quote. He can read Item Vendor table. The roles assigned to the user do not differ, I checked it.

My client asks quite a reasonable question - why is it the case that on test environment user can read Item Vendor table and he cannot read it on PROD db. Once again, the roles assigned to the user are the same.

Could you please help me to figure it out? What am I missing?
Any suggestion will be very must appreciated!

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Did you Synchronize the users?
    ad Is License same?
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    edited 2014-08-24
    Hi Reedberg,

two possible causes:

1. The permissions in the roles are different.
    2. The code base is not the same as in the test system.

with best regards

Jens
  • ReedbergReedberg Member Posts: 68
    mohana_cse06, jglathe
    Thank you for the replies, I will check it tomorrow!
  • ReedbergReedberg Member Posts: 68
    I checked the License files and they are identical.
    I created a new form with a simple button with the following code:
    ItemVendor.RESET;
    IF ItemVendor.FINDLAST THEN ;

I run the form and press the button. I receive an error message on PROD db and I don't receive one on the test-db, so the code base is the same, license files are the same and permissions in the roles are the same (checked it several times).

The only thing I haven't yet done - it's the syncronization (at the moment I don't have enough permissions to perform it). After I obtain the permissions and run the syncronization I will report if it actually solve my issue.
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Reedberg,

do you have any security filters on the vendor item table? They can have nasty side effects.

with best regards

Jens